R30 Firmware for R30 1.11 10-16-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, all good. No funky results after update here. I backed up, but update did not wipe out settings/memory.

Changes from version 1.10
・Fixed the problem of when the ANL of the band that is not used is ON, while the Dualwatch function is OFF, the received DCR audio may not be output from the speaker.

Surprise! CPU changes from 1.10 to 1.11

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, all good. No funky results after update here. I backed up, but update did not wipe out settings/memory.

・Fixed the problem of when the ANL of the band that is not used is ON, while the Dualwatch function is OFF, the received DCR audio may not be output from the speaker.

Surprise! CPU changes from 1.10 to 1.11

I still wish Icom would have not messed with the icomjapan support part of the site for firmware and other updates.
Their new site format makes me feel as though I'm missing something! I hate it so much that I rarely visit the support site these days.
If it were not for someone else looking for a manual, I'd have never noticed the new FW version.

And yes, my CPU also changed from 1.10 to 1.11 :LOL:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Does it scan faster on the CPU change? Seems like a small update.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I saw that posted above. But when it was posted about CPU change, thats when I inquired. I build computers occasionally and when a BIOS update comes out, usually means better performance for the CPU. I will do the update though.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
How many updates have you had in the past year Hit-factor? Whistler at least provides the install program as part of the CPS with no additional instructions needed, as do some of the ham CPS programs. I have over 50 ham HTs and several scanners, and memorizing isn't even a choice.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Easy fix for that. Start selling, or give away those 50 radios to friends until the amount left is easy to update like Whistler.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
It's a shame that the firmware update doesn't fix the battery health warning in my receiver that shows up after every charge, unless I completely drain the battery, then charge it on the cradle. Unfortunately, after the problem is temporarily fixed, it appears again after the next charge, unless I do the full drain and cradle charge again. I'll have to give up on it and just live with it, but it's disappointing that they didn't calibrate the battery before shipping the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.