• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

firmware goes unknown on my saber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok something must of went wrong if the cps doesnt recognize the firmware and DSP.

Anyway to update the astro saber's firmware somehow?

mfire39

Are you reading the radio with CPS or just opening a saved codeplug from your radio? If you open a saved codeplug, the Host and DSP will not show up. You'll have to either directly read the radio, or try putting it in service mode and see what shows up on your display for the firmware versions as long as you don't have a model 1.

-Marc

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I have a Model II, I have the Firmware and DSP written down, just weird it does show up, cant even update the firmware itself

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You're not making any sense. Are you saying you have the CVN file but the CPS won't recognize it?

You need an i-Button with authorized refreshes to upgrade your firmware.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
You're not making any sense. Are you saying you have the CVN file but the CPS won't recognize it?

You need an i-Button with authorized refreshes to upgrade your firmware.

CPS recognized it on the first read but now it says unknown. I just dont know what the cause of it is but Its not really affecting my use of the radio at all.

SCPD

QRT
CPS recognized it on the first read but now it says unknown. I just dont know what the cause of it is but Its not really affecting my use of the radio at all.
The ONLY time the CPS will show the firmware DPS and host is when it reads the radio.
If you open a file those fields will show up as unknown.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
yeah thats what i just did, i read it and it came up but the DSP doesnt show but doesnt really matter.

Is there something else I need in order to read the flash or even upgrade the radio or must i send it off to motorola?

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yeah thats what i just did, i read it and it came up but the DSP doesnt show but doesnt really matter.

Is there something else I need in order to read the flash or even upgrade the radio or must i send it off to motorola?
Why don't you put the radio in service mode and read the flashcode? That should show up in the CPS anyways.

There are 3 numbers you should know on your radio, HOST, DSP and Flashcode. They aren't interchangeable, DSP and Flashcode don't mean the same thing. Flashcodes can be hacked, but unless your HOST and DSP supports the features, they aren't going to work.

Good luck getting motorola to touch your bootleg radio, tough. In all honesty you probably got a trash 512KB VOCON with DSP 5 / VSELP. It really helps to know what you are buying before you buy it.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Why don't you put the radio in service mode and read the flashcode? That should show up in the CPS anyways.

There are 3 numbers you should know on your radio, HOST, DSP and Flashcode. They aren't interchangeable, DSP and Flashcode don't mean the same thing. Flashcodes can be hacked, but unless your HOST and DSP supports the features, they aren't going to work.

Good luck getting motorola to touch your bootleg radio, tough. In all honesty you probably got a trash 512KB VOCON with DSP 5 / VSELP. It really helps to know what you are buying before you buy it.

How could say you its bootleg? I pretty much got this from ATF... not ebay.

Its originality came from the RCMP. Came the way it specifies on the back, H35 and flashcode 010001-000000-8

I dont need to hack flashcodes, Im just trying to see if its possible to do a firmware upgrade, not like i have anything illegal on the radio that shouldnt be there.

SCPD

QRT
you got it off of ebay. I saw those crappy sabers on there before. It's a non digital radio and if remeber right they are only 512 vocon.
Have fun with a useless 800Mhz radio.

K8TEK

Banned
How could say you its bootleg? I pretty much got this from ATF... not ebay.

Its originality came from the RCMP. Came the way it specifies on the back, H35 and flashcode 010001-000000-8

I dont need to hack flashcodes, Im just trying to see if its possible to do a firmware upgrade, not like i have anything illegal on the radio that shouldnt be there.
What do you hope to accomplish with the new firmware? You have an analog only radio, and unless you are going to use it for IMBE, upgrading the HOST and DSP would be worthless to you.

I am positive the ATF didn't buy a radio 2nd hand from the Canadian government.

I would be interested in seeing the DSP, because I can almost guarantee the radio has a 512K vocon in it.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
no i think he got it from a hamfest from what i recall. it doesnt matter i have it working like i wanted it too done by atf's programming.

K8TEK

Banned
no i think he got it from a hamfest from what i recall. it doesnt matter i have it working like i wanted it too done by atf's programming.
You got it off a guy who got it at a hamfest who got it off the ATF who got it off the Royal Canadian Mounted Police? Interesting! So, what is the HOST and DSP version?

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
no.. im talking about atf1225. i got it from him and all that other stuff. no atf agency has ever had it. i dont remember off the top of my head. 3.16.00 and i04.00 or somethingp. ill check it on my next break and pm it.

SCPD

QRT
Like you really got it programmed by the ATF.
That is a good one.
Did you get it programmed with 800 Mhz ham frequencies? Those are new and they are booming.

cfr301

no.. im talking about atf1225. i got it from him and all that other stuff. no atf agency has ever had it. i dont remember off the top of my head. 3.16.00 and i04.00 or somethingp. ill check it on my next break and pm it.

I been looking on line for reports of RCMP radios sold to ATF then stolen by roaming juvenile gangs posing as boy scouts so far no luck.. :)

K8TEK

Banned
HAHA, 512K Vocon, VSELP if you care to hack the flashcode. No IMBE... But hey, you got yourself a nice movie prop.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
maybe you didnt see me say atf1225 the rr member. so much misconseption when shortening user names from atf1225 to atf. why would i want a govt agency to do that when it was already done by the person i got it from did it all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.