• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Firmware issue for TK-290

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwilds

Hello, I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I have a TK-290 radio with serial number 10800xxx. The problem I am having is that I am trying to update the firmware with the 608F, but the radio says that it has 1EB9 in it. I know the serial number says it should be the 608F according to the LSB 0260, but that isn't what is in the radio. Am I reading the wrong set of numbers for the serial number? Help please.
Mike

bruch

Premium Subscriber
What is the LSB0260, I have been able to put updated Firmware in all but the oldest 290s, the old ones had limited memory for the FW, by your SN, it should either be made in Nov of 1999 or Nov or 2009, If it is the 1999 year, then you may have limited memory for the firmware.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
According to LSB-0260,
Based on your serial number, 10800xxx, you should be using 608F, as you stated.

But…
It also says for radios "Prior to S/N 105~ prefix, the latest firmware is "1EB9".

Sounds to me like maybe your radio was recased at one time and the serial number on the outside doesn't match the guts on the inside. If that is the case, then it sounds like you already have the latest firmware.

According to other info I can find, your radio would be pre-2001, since the firmware is completely different than the earlier models.

Why are you wanting to update the firmware?

mwilds

I was programming it and when I went to write to the radio, it said that some features would not work unless I had updated firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.