SDS100/SDS200: Firmware Release 1.07.00-1.07.04 Main / 1.02.00 Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't too sure if someone does that for you. By the way I did a search test on the filter on Auto it slows the search slow which is good I'm doing Normal seems running good.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
BTW, once you do the (via Sentinel) firmware upgrade, if I'm not mistaken, it should be in the firmware directory on your radio/SD card.

teknishun

I updated the Sentinel and updated the Firmware too for the SDS100. On the printed instructions for the
firmware it mentions "HPF" in relation to filters. What is "HPF" and what does it do? The options given
are auto, normal and inverted.

I assume it means High Pass Filter but I am not a mind reader.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I updated the Sentinel and updated the Firmware too for the SDS100. On the printed instructions for the
firmware it mentions "HPF" in relation to filters. What is "HPF" and what does it do? The options given
are auto, normal and inverted.

I assume it means High Pass Filter but I am not a mind reader.
It means high pass filter. They updated the release notes.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
OK, I know what a high pass filter is - at least in the audio world.
It lets high frequencies pass - and filters/cuts low frequencies.

I just enabled global auto filter - normal.
Hooked up to external speaker - and I still hear that low rumbling during transmissions.
Tried inverted, still the same.

Paul, please elaborate on exactly what this "HPA" does please?
Thanks

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
OK, I know what a high pass filter is - at least in the audio world.
It lets high frequencies pass - and filters/cuts low frequencies.

I just enabled global auto filter - normal.
Hooked up to external speaker - and I still hear that low rumbling during transmissions.
Tried inverted, still the same.

Paul, please elaborate on exactly what this "HPA" does please?
Thanks

I would suspect it's a RF filter, not an AF filter...but I could be wrong.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I would suspect it's a RF filter, not an AF filter...but I could be wrong.
Since it says adds additional countermeasures to help in strong signal areas. I am guessing you are correct. I am testing it now and it seems to have eliminated my adjacent channel interference. But more testing is needed.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Double-checked and confirmed that the release notes say "RF High Pass Filter (HPF) "
So what does this mean specifically? What are the high pass settings? What exactly is occurring here when enabling?

What specific use cases will it be appropriate to enable this? (i.e., to reduce cellular interference? UTMA/PCS/LTE interference?)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
On the global options there is a choice of "original"... I'm thinking that means that choice is as if you didn't do the update?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah it makes sense I just didn't see it referred to in any of the descriptions. It would also mean this is a new filter and not just more optional user control over an existing filter.

gillham

Feed Provider
Just some light reading about filters - because I was only really familiar with what a band pass filter is from ADS-B SDR..
Understanding the Basics of RF Filter | Electronics Notes
High & Low Pass LC RF Filter Design | Electronics Notes

So - for the high pass filter, how does the cut off frequency work on the SDS100?

Edit: Is it safe to assume that the 'inverted' option in effect turns it to a low pass filter?
If you choose to do Auto, does the scanner store which is ideal for that specific frequency, Normal or Inverted, once it receives a transmission so that the scan rate speeds up even after a power cycle?

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
On the global options there is a choice of "original"... I'm thinking that means that choice is as if you didn't do the update?

I would hope this is added to a future Sentinel version as an option. Currently using this as my Global setting, but any updates via Sentinel it reverts back to 1 of the 3 other options and excludes "original" I have to go into Settings each time I update and manually change it back to Original.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Could someone shed some light on what this "Original" setting is? As opposed to the other settings in Sentinel? :unsure:
Why is it not in Sentinel? :confused:
Does it mean the filter is not even utilized? And that prior to this FW it was not even used? But the filter was there??

Ugh, my head is spinning..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.