SDS100/SDS200: Firmware Release 1.07.00-1.07.04 Main / 1.02.00 Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
[QUOTE="K1TSL, post: 3078708, member: 575775"...It still seems to occasionally drop 800mhz trunked mid transmission...[/QUOTE]

I've had several issues listening to 800 and 900mhz analog SmartNet / SmartZone trunking systems. The same symptom of transmissions dropping out mid sentence for 4 seconds or so.

imd

I have this happening also. Often times I'll look down and "LINK" is displayed when this is happening. Overall performance on the analog smartzone system I'm listening to is quite frankly appalling to the point the product would be better off saying it's not supported.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I have this happening also. Often times I'll look down and "LINK" is displayed when this is happening. Overall performance on the analog smartzone system I'm listening to is quite frankly appalling to the point the product would be better off saying it's not supported.

I wouldn’t go that far, they have been pretty good at adjusting things, we are definitely at a better place, now one could revert back if you only need P25 and such till it’s fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slylingus

Hi I have just updated to this firmware update thank-you.

Is it possible to Add the filter setting as a display option Detail Trunk to show on the scanner screen as an option in Sentinel?
This would help to identify current and future filter settings.

I still have major intermod locally and will need to test & add additional filters, An external FM trap for starters.
I monitor the RMR VHF Trunk P25 network only.
I have noticed no signal improvement on any filter setting (Home Base).
Close towers are no problem however towers that all previous versions of uniden scanners have received just will not decode the CC Due to intermod front end noise. SDS100 & SDS200 on the same external antenna.
Cheers

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
This might be the wrong place to put this and a bit delayed but I'll ask anyway..I'm wondering if anybody has had an issue with this firmware and scanning analog signals without a CTCSS tone and some loud crackling develops until I manually change frequency ..? If a ctcss tone is set, the issue doesn't present itself. I've tried all filtering options with the same effect, though it's not an all-the-time thing and happens frequently but randomly. The crackling is very loud and drowns-out the audio received..Otherwise, things are spiffy with the radio -- edit: I spose it might help to say where I have this issue..both VHF 150-174mhz and UHF 450-470mhz with weaker signals(around -100ish RSSI or weaker)

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
This might be the wrong place to put this and a bit delayed but I'll ask anyway..I'm wondering if anybody has had an issue with this firmware and scanning analog signals without a CTCSS tone and some loud crackling develops until I manually change frequency ..? If a ctcss tone is set, the issue doesn't present itself. I've tried all filtering options with the same effect, though it's not an all-the-time thing and happens frequently but randomly. The crackling is very loud and drowns-out the audio received..Otherwise, things are spiffy with the radio -- edit: I spose it might help to say where I have this issue..both VHF 150-174mhz and UHF 450-470mhz with weaker signals(around -100ish RSSI or weaker)

Noticed that too but if you change the channel it stops

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Noticed that too but if you change the channel it stops

Hmm, haven't seen that here on 154MHz and 453Mhz with some weaker signals, but maybe my signals aren't low enough.

Pat

Premium Subscriber

I've had the same issue on a railroad frequency I monitor. Seems to be a random occurrence in my experience.

ScanYak

Feed Provider

Same here but does it with CTCSS tone set. (VHF 150-174mhz)

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
I was able to record some audio of this from the radio..The channel is MARC 2(151.2800Mhz) without a ctcss tone set. Here are the .wav files in a zip file

Attachments

• Crackly_Audio.zip
    90.7 KB · Views: 14

x1sspic

Yes! I've encountered this on VHF (railroad) as well as on a 800 Motorola Type II Smartnet System.

Scott

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
Just yesterday I noticed the crackle , it’s not a signal type white noise , but a internal system crackle ,
Happened while listening to a 2 meter repeater .

While receiving signal and crackle was present, I turned the channel knob to the next freq than back again , seemed to resolve it .

Firmware issue I feel

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like that issue they had a ways back with ctcss before, was a squelch issue

n9diz

I get this too. It is intermittent on a local EDACS system, but only on analog channels. ProVoice TG's seem unaffected. Even if the signal is -50dBm with low noise, it still comes through. I think this may be related to static on the incoming signal from the user's mobile or portable radio. The static is a very loud crackling sound.

I do get this on some VHF analog frequencies also. I do not get this noise on my SDS100, HomePatrol-1 or BCD436HP. Statewide P25 system is also unaffected.

I really hope there is a (software?) fix for this, because if makes monitoring my local system very painful to my ears.

CNW8835

Premium Subscriber

I've encountered this on the latest firmware as well. I believe I just captured a debug log while it was happening on an analog railroad frequency. This most recent example sounded slightly differently than what I usually hear, so it's possible this was some external interference. It's usually preceded by an audio dropout of a few seconds, though I'm not sure that happened in this case.

I'll keep trying to capture further debug logs, but in the meantime, here's this one.

Attachments

• log0097929.txt
    20.8 KB · Views: 9

jasonhouk

I've encountered this on the latest firmware as well. I believe I just captured a debug log while it was happening on an analog railroad frequency. This most recent example sounded slightly differently than what I usually hear, so it's possible this was some external interference. It's usually preceded by an audio dropout of a few seconds, though I'm not sure that happened in this case.

I'll keep trying to capture further debug logs, but in the meantime, here's this one.
Do you have the NXDN upgrade installed?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

CNW8835

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the NXDN upgrade installed?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I do. I noticed the mention of NXDN in the log, but in my area railroad transmissions are analog. This was the first time I heard the crackling on a railroad frequency; I usually I hear it on analog ham radio repeater outputs on 2m or 70cm. I usually keep the channel audio type set to auto, so it's possible -- and this is just my speculation, to be clear -- that something was triggering the scanner to try NXDN decode.

jodyobrien

Hey all... I have the BCD536HP, getting my SDS100 this month... but... I don't know were to get the "updates **Bin files, Sub files" I had the same question when I got my 536... someone posted the link, I bookmarked it, its been 2 years now, no Prob... I get updates, Bata Firmwear, everything...
Can someone post the link to get the SDS100/200 link, thanks all,
Cheers
. Happy Scanning to all..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hey all... I have the BCD536HP, getting my SDS100 this month... but... I don't know were to get the "updates **Bin files, Sub files" I had the same question when I got my 536... someone posted the link, I bookmarked it, its been 2 years now, no Prob... I get updates, Bata Firmwear, everything...
Can someone post the link to get the SDS100/200 link, thanks all,
Cheers
. Happy Scanning to all..
Other than the occasional "public beta" firmware, which must be manually installed, firmware updates for the x36HP series (436HP/536HP0, as well as the SDS series (SDS100 & SDS200) are all obtained in the same manner, using Sentinel.

For your SDS100, after it arrives, create a profile for it in Sentinel. Make sure that the new profile has the SDS100 set as the "Target Model"; that selection is found on the drop-down Tools menu. Switch Sentinel to the SDS100's profile, and connect the scanner to your PC in Mass Storage Mode. hen, after connected, click the Updates dropdown menu & select Update Firmware & follow the on-screen instructions. You can also iitialize Firmware Update by clicking on it's icon on the second line of the Sentinel main screen. The Firmware icon is the third from the right,on the line under the drop-down menu items (it's right between the Tools and Updates menu selections).

Status
Not open for further replies.