Firmware / Siren update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Well I wish they woulda told me that on the phone. I looked here first and didn't see any update so I decided to call them. I was under the impression that any Siren updates went under this forum heading, but it appears there's dozens of other headings ppl are posting stuff under, kinda confusing when you are trying to find info when it's in 100 different places on here... Thanks for the updated info tho!

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
I bought it because it was the only time I had an extra $730 to spend... If I would have waited til now I wouldn't have had it. Besides I was under the impression the app would be released relatively soon after I bought it, was just going by the website and what it said...

JamesO

Why did you buy a radio that did not have the feature you wanted?

Everyone that purchased the 536HP had features that were not delivered, however, the radio seems to work pretty well without the few features we are mostly patiently waiting on.

System Analyzer and the Siren App along with a reliable WiFi connection are still outstanding.

But overall the radio does support its main intended function.

Unfortunately not many other options at the moment.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I think many are going to be disappointed with that App. It might not be what you really need!

kellykeeton

How can you speculate on the quality of the wireless when it's not supported yet.

Chuck are you just full of anger and hate? Why on earth would you speculate as to a product that isn't even released yet.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
No, not anger or hate, on the contrary. I just think the hype that everyone is putting in an App that is not even released is kinda overboard. Many of us don't need a cell phone App as we do a good desktop one, that's all. But, each to his/her own.

LiquidPandora

I think many are going to be disappointed with that App. It might not be what you really need!

Quit your Whining... and wait... You act like someone pissed in your cereal .. and you just want to complain... come back a month from today and check again... Maybe it will be ready then. try to relax

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Well the 536HP is $649 plus tax & shipping, all said & done it was $730 after taxes and shipping charges... And I see they updated the website now instead of saying "Siren App release 1Q-2014" it now says "App Release coming!" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.