Firmware Update for bc346xt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

saf47

I was trying to update the firmware for my (new to me) bc346xt and all seemed to be going well when I got a message that said "Programming Error *connect scanner to PC using standard PC interface cable *keep your scanner connected to external power source on the scanner*"
Now when I ran BC_VUP it instructed me to remove the batteries and push L/O and 6 while plugging in the external power which I did. The blank screen lit up and everything looked fine and then I got that message. I checked the ports and connection speeds on both the computer and the scanner. I just can't figure out the problem. The scanner does hook up and communicate no problem with Freescan.
Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

ksduster

Weather enthusiast
Feed Provider
I had to set my comm speed to the "5???"... speed.. to get it to work right.. dont know why.. my system is just weird... Older computer..

But once I did that, worked like a charm...

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference Saf47. In the BC_UP there is a pull down to select the COM port. Make sure your using the correct one. You could also download FreeSCAN and see if you can connect with it. If you can then the same setting should work with the BC_UP program. ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

If your using the front port, make sure the radio is set to front. Also make sure your using the current drivers if your using a USB to serial adapter. I would make sure to unzip the .scn file to the desktop to be sure to browse to the file location with BC_UP.

Ksduster, I was reminded recently that the latest BC_UP does not care what the baud rate setting is. The program will look for the correct ports and baud rate, but as you said, it could have been your situation.

mrkelso

I just did this same update today with no hitches or glitches. Works great!!..

saf47

I have tried everything I could think of as far as settings and drivers and still no luck.........so I set up my old computer with a serial port and loaded what I needed on to there and had no problem with the update.
Thanks anyway for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.