firmware update , nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailagent67

Premium Subscriber
Im a little behind on my scanner ( V 1.04.12) . I'm currently trying to update it.

I follow the instructions the best I can, only to get errors, registration key needed.

Does anybody have tips or simple guideline or link to make this easier.

Uniden download page says- under All my scanners ( well I cant find that page)

I think after 3 hrs I'm getting really ________ offed

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
If you haven't registered your radio, then yes you will need it before updating to the newest version. You get one by registering the radio on Uniden's support site.

Log in at myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area (Create an account if you don't yet have one)

If your scanner has not yet been registered, click on "Register a Product" and add your scanner, including its ESN and checksum.
If you have previously registered your scanner, update its registration (if necessary) to include its ESN and Checksum.

bailagent67

Premium Subscriber
tried 3 times, 3 different user names, 3 different emails. I guess I will have to wait into later. Thanks for all of your help.

It really sad we have to go through all of this when I paid $600 new in 06.

Thanks again

bailagent67

Premium Subscriber
It worked. It was a long 4 hrs. It started out with police calls cutting out, and led me to firmware updates.

To register I had to type in an old email address to access the Key. I'm just glad I still had access to that email, there was other way to use another name.

well I'm at V3.02

Thanks for your help again.

Status
Not open for further replies.