• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Firmware update tyt 390 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved. While the Tytera can be used on the Amateur Radio bands, it is not an amateur radio and this question had nothing to do with amateur radio.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can I use the firmware update on a TYT 390?
I would say it depend what you have.
GPS yes or no?

What many people say the Mainboard from both are the same. The only difference is GPS.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not likely.

There are several different versions of the mainboard, some have a hardware vocoder and others with software vocoder. Then there is the GPS vs non-GPS variation. Unless the firmware is specifically labeled to be compatible with your radio (e.g. MD-390 with X.XXX series factory firmware, hardware vocoder, and GPS) you'll probably brick the radio (lock it into endless reboot loop) if you try loading it.

Read the fine print for which radios and variants the firmware supports very carefully before proceeding.

Your_account

Banned
what i remember:
380 - old vcoder
380 - new vcoder
380 - new vcoder + GPS
390 - with GPS

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
390 has old and new vocoder, each with and without GPS. So there are at least 7 firmware variants, most of which are incompatible with each other.

Your_account

Banned
omg how to know which version I will get?
I ordered a 390 with GPS.

teufler

This has to do with Firmware on the TYT 390. Install went smootly, EXCEPT for one thing. The radio screen is upside down.Anyonew know how to get the screen flipped over.???

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Different hardware versions handle screen image data differently. If the firmware doesn't understand the display hardware correctly, the display will be mirrored horizontally or vertically.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You don't. You have to check the factory firmware version when you get the radio. That will tell you what hardware variant you have.

teufler

screen shots of the md 390

here are some screen shots. The horizontal lines are because of my camera shutter. Unit is a md-390, purchased in dec 16

Attachments

• DSC_5725snall.jpg
    DSC_5725snall.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 684

seth21w

Saar edition is old and outdated the newest version does everything saar did plus more. I have the md390 gps vhf. foxhollow.ca look this site up the newest available update and updater are on that site pull one of each and when you unzip it will have 3 .bin files one for old vocoder one for new vocoder and one with gps! The gps is the one you want.

Your_account

Banned
So I got mine today.
The Box say AMBE+2. So in theory its the new one?
What is the right modified firmware?
390 with GPS
THX

Status
Not open for further replies.