• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Firmware updates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammersc

The pager is not a scanner as some on here have said, but they did add the option of blocking out encryption and to monitor all talk groups on a system. The pager will scan certain band limit but its so slow lol I tried one day scanning 850-860 with I think hypotactically it took 30 minuets to scan from 850-860 lol.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
The pager will scan certain band limit but its so slow lol I tried one day scanning 850-860 with I think hypotactically it took 30 minuets to scan from 850-860 lol.
That feature was probably an early request by scanner enthusiasts, and the glacial search speed was Unication's answer. So maybe we should be careful what we ask for! I can imagine them giving us a talkgroup hold function activated by pressing the blue button twice, then the yellow once, the red four times, and finally hold the white button while simultaneously moving the navigation key left and right six times. :rolleyes:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Never once have I had to scan a frequency range to achieve stellar performance on my G4. And also oddly enough, I have yet to receive a page on this pager. :ROFLMAO:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The pager will scan certain band limit but its so slow lol I tried one day scanning 850-860 with I think hypotactically it took 30 minuets to scan from 850-860 lol.

That makes me think there were signals being processed, thereby slowing the search. I know the band sweep, for a control channel is not that slow.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
That feature was probably an early request by scanner enthusiasts, and the glacial search speed was Unication's answer. So maybe we should be careful what we ask for! I can imagine them giving us a talkgroup hold function activated by pressing the blue button twice, then the yellow once, the red four times, and finally hold the white button while simultaneously moving the navigation key left and right six times. :rolleyes:
I am pretty sure its Up UP Down Down Left Right Left Right A B B A

wa2chj

The only recommendation I have to improve then entire G-Series pager line would be to add automatic gain control. There are so many soft and loud voices that AGC would help hold all them to the same volume level. This could benefit every user from the casual listeners, like some on this site who have purchased one to avoid multi-site distortion, to the personnel who actually use the unit for paging purposes like myself.

YES, our tones are EXCEPTIONALLY loud over the Chartlotte UASI Union County trunk system, and the voice audio is fairly low, so the tones BLAST over the speaker to make the voice audio understandable. It's very annoying!
WA2CHJ, EMT-Paramedic-CC, FP

CFP387

YES, our tones are EXCEPTIONALLY loud over the Chartlotte UASI Union County trunk system, and the voice audio is fairly low, so the tones BLAST over the speaker to make the voice audio understandable. It's very annoying!
WA2CHJ, EMT-Paramedic-CC, FP

Yes sir, I agree totally. I hope the engineers can find a way to make AGC possible.

Uni1

Unication Representative
Premium Subscriber
wa2chj.

Is your alert fixed or by volume knob? This is a setting in the PPS.

CFP387

wa2chj.

Is your alert fixed or by volume knob? This is a setting in the PPS.

Tim, I think he's referring to the actual Motorola QCII tones, not the actual pager activation. On the UASI system and our statewide system, the tones are usually much louder than the voice traffic. That's why a look into AGC would be most appreciative. Those of us who must monitor these systems daily would like to have the units even out the voice and tone volume.

wa2chj

Tim, I think he's referring to the actual Motorola QCII tones, not the actual pager activation. On the UASI system and our statewide system, the tones are usually much louder than the voice traffic. That's why a look into AGC would be most appreciative. Those of us who must monitor these systems daily would like to have the units even out the voice and tone volume.

Yes, Sir, you are correct. It's the transmitted/received tones that are too loud, not any pager generated tones. Hence the request for AGC. Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Scott
WA2CHJ, EMT-Paramedic-CC

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Sir, you are correct. It's the transmitted/received tones that are too loud, not any pager generated tones. Hence the request for AGC. Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Scott
WA2CHJ, EMT-Paramedic-CC

That means the audio levels at the dispatch site need to be adjusted, to be balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.