Firmware upgrade 07/07/2017 - Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
I updated my scanner today with the latest firmware 1.11.31 and noticed much better P25 reception.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I updated my scanner today with the latest firmware 1.11.31 and noticed much better P25 reception.

I updated my 436 yesterday, and I'm waiting for more P25 traffic (slow weekend) to better identify any P25 reception improvement in this neck of the woods.

Can you tell us how, specifically, your P25 reception was improved?

Thanks.

rwier

Did the update, and am happy to report NO degrading of an expected near 100% reception experience. Had a 436 and an 800, side-by-side. The two radios are milliseconds out of sequence with each other, rendering the voice quality slightly degraded but very recognizable (sort of a cartoon quality, lol). The two offerings were so close together that I was never able to determine which radio was "ahead" or "behind". Listening for about ten minutes straight, the two radios never once had an instance when a single radio offered an undistorted lone voice. Quite remarkable, actually, like two twin Clydesdales in perfect form. Both were monitoring a single site with only three TGs (Phoenix PD), of the notorious RWC System in Maricopa Co., AZ. Listening to the two radios separately, I think that I prefer the "sound" of the 436. However, the difference is so subtle, that I can not explain my preference.

J

jlmaddencc

DSP for the PSR-800 down to 44

Try turning the DSP for the PSR-800 down to 44 and the Timing will in sync

J

jlmaddencc

DSP for the PSR-800 down to 44

Try turning the DSP for the PSR-800 down to 44 and the Timing will be in sync

Badboy536

I am here in los angeles.after firmware update Seems to be receiving better picking up
Some of lapd Divisions better ,that I had a hard time hearing before.on one of the Trunking systems
I listen to I have also Noticed that some of the sites signal is increased since the update.over all
P25 Reception is clear with almost 0 Error rate.happy with the update so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.