TRX-1: Firmware Upgrade Grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacravitae

Premium Subscriber
I have had my TRX-1 for about 5 days. I decided yesterday, to do the software and firmware updates, after using the scanner for a few days with no problems, running on the quick, Zip Code programming method.
Using the serial cable provided and the EZscan software.
Everything seemed to be going well until it finished "installing" the firmware upgrade. At which time I got an error message, after the install indicators reached 100%, that says "Update error: The update of the firmware to the scanner failed, The scanner rejected the upgrade! This is usually due to a corrupted download from the internet. Please try the update again."
The scanner display read: CPU SW Upgrade: Error - Turn off
The scanner will not turn off via the Power Button. I have to take the batteries out to turn it off.
When batteries are put back in, the screen is already on and says: CPU SW Upgrade: Waiting for USB
I have read many of the related post, and have tried The Windows 10 procedure to update the driver, I have used an adapter to put the Micro SD Card in my laptop and opened files. I have tried holding the Menu button while plugging the cable in. I have tried "Run as Administrator" opening EZ Scan. I don't know what to do. I apologize in advance for having a need to post something that you all have seen before in various forms. Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give.

Last edited:

sacravitae

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Praise God! I actually downloaded that stand alone updater yesterday, but did not use it because my Norton Security was going nuts, warning that the download was infected! Could not get myself to select, "Use anyway ". You are a great group of guys. This was my first scanner purchase sense the BCD396XT, years ago. Thanks again. Enjoy your hobby.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I suspect it's because:
a) the PC app must be updated before attempting to update CPU firmware
and
b) people are ignoring the notice in the release notes regarding (a)

Yep. Then they c) blame Whistler

I understand being frustrated, though. Usually a deep breath and starting from the beginning helps matters.

lanemls

I suspect it's because:
a) the PC app must be updated before attempting to update CPU firmware
and
b) people are ignoring the notice in the release notes regarding (a)
Wow! I wasn't alone in this issue. I was worried I was going to have a useless unit. Thankfully, things worked out (long story short).

CVASSB

I'm having the same problem. I have a GRE-PSR-800, a whistler 1095, and now the Trx-1. I've never had one of them stuck in the up Boot Ver: F1.3, and etc. I've been working on the problem for a couple of hours. It still says waiting for the USB. This is the TRX 1. What can I do about it? It's stuck in the CPU upgrade, and I've taken out the batteries, reinstalled the 4 gb chip, and I've reinstalled the USB cable to the computer. I keep taking out the batterys, and putting them back in, but the CPU upgrade window is frozen. I'm using windows 7. What do I do? I've tried everything that I know, and more.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same problem. I have a GRE-PSR-800, a whistler 1095, and now the Trx-1. I've never had one of them stuck in the up Boot Ver: F1.3, and etc. I've been working on the problem for a couple of hours. It still says waiting for the USB. This is the TRX 1. What can I do about it? It's stuck in the CPU upgrade, and I've taken out the batteries, reinstalled the 4 gb chip, and I've reinstalled the USB cable to the computer. I keep taking out the batterys, and putting them back in, but the CPU upgrade window is frozen. I'm using windows 7. What do I do? I've tried everything that I know, and more.

I had not problems in my upgrade. Would the program in this link be CVASSB's solution?

https://whistlergroup.com/products/trx-1-cpu-firmware-installer

73/Allen (N4JRI)

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
If this many people have problems, it is Whislter's fault. Even if it is "user error," if so many people are having problems, it is still Whistler's fault.

The fact that their affiliates continue to pass the buck onto paying customers instead of addressing legitimate problems is quite concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.