FIRST and Montgomery Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Any suggestions on what sites to monitor on the FIRST system while in Montgomery Co., specifically Silver Spring? I didn't see any that were in Montgomery Co. but a lot that are around it.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
I Don’t think there is much on the FIRST Trunked system for Montgomery County since they have there own talk group. For example MCPD, MCFRS, Sheriff, Corrections etc... is all done on the Montgomery County Trunked System. The only stuff I can think of on the FIRST system would be MDOT highway stuff and possibly ICC Police stuff. But yeah most stuff inside the county is done on the Montgomery County system. Let me know if this helps and if you have any more questions :)

- Bradley

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I Don’t think there is much on the FIRST Trunked system for Montgomery County since they have there own talk group. For example MCPD, MCFRS, Sheriff, Corrections etc... is all done on the Montgomery County Trunked System. The only stuff I can think of on the FIRST system would be MDOT highway stuff and possibly ICC Police stuff. But yeah most stuff inside the county is done on the Montgomery County system. Let me know if this helps and if you have any more questions :)

- Bradley

Thanks. Basically I would be interested in MD State Police on it. I was planning on monitoring the Montgomery County system also. I do see where there re 2 TGs on the systems for State Police.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Nice! So yeah Maryland State Police - Rockville barrack operates on the Montgomery County System. It should say something like Law Enforcement - State Police Talkgroups and then they use A9 primarily for there dispatch and operations.

Hav fun scanning!

- Bradley

maus92

Premium Subscriber
FIRST is not operational in the DC suburbs or Southern MD region until the end of this year at the earliest. It will be known as Zone 5, and each county will have its own site.

MDOT (SHA,) the ICC (MdTA,) and MSP (and possibly DNR) currently have their own tgs on the county system. The SHA CHART tg is crosslinked to FIRST now. Note that Montgomery County will also start transitioning to their new system by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.