first Cap+ repeater (Ch1 and Ch2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know about how long, on a fairly used cap+ system it takes for Dsdplus to identify the first Cap+ repeater (Ch1 and Ch2), Second Cap+ repeater and so on? I have 5 freqs and have the info for 2 of them, but the last 3 have not been so easy. Been running 2 of them for 24 hours now and all they show in the cc event log is found rest channel a bunch of times and any tg activity.

Thanks

I used the -rc switch in the dsd

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
From my experience Cap+ tries to use the first repeaters as often as possible. We installed a system at a local plant with 5 repeaters that does not have much traffic and the rest channel generally hangs around repeaters 1 and 2 occaisionally moving to 3. The only time I have seen it go to 4 or 5 was when the first repeater locked up and became inactive for about a week until I got up to it to reset it. DSD+ is a great tool.

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
When a Cap+ repeater frequency is actively broadcasting voice traffic, DSD+ should almost immediately display the corresponding OTA channel pair. However, like LubeckTech said sometimes it takes a while to see activity on all frequencies, depending on how the system is configured and how many people use it at once. Incidentally, where did you get these 5 frequencies? Unless you received them from the system's Radio Technician, don't assume you have all the correct frequencies. You may want to manually search for "unknown" DMR frequencies by band-searching with a hardware scanner or SDR#.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies,,,

I have been getting active traffic on 2 of the 3 remaining freqs that I am following. The freqs are from 2 licences registered to the agency in question. All are confirmed cap+ freqs. And there have not been any active unknown dmr freqs. I even sat near the agencies tower one day hunting. Met my wife there another day and left my 436 running in close call before we hopped in my truck to go into the city. The only cc hits were the 5 freqs and 1 airplane. I am confident I have all the freqs.

From looking at the tg's and radio id's, they all seem to be related. I am not sure how to tell if its one site or a multi site setup. And the license info does not even reflect dmr as an emission. Local government must have different rules.

Dsdplus did id the first 2 rather quick and that's why I was asking. I am told I am not a patient person. Just today, my 5 year old son told me I have to have more patience. Lol

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
TG 20 and 30 active on both freqs. Looking thru the cc dsd log both freqs reflect rest ch 1 thru 4, The 2 freqs also seem to have calls close to the same time.

Freq a cc dsd event
2017/05/12 14:04:17 Freq=471.387500 DCC=14 RAS Found rest channel
2017/05/12 14:04:26 Freq=471.387500 DCC=14 RAS Group call; TG=30 Ch=3 3s

freq b
2017/05/12 14:04:28 DCC=10 Found rest channel
2017/05/12 14:04:28 DCC=10 Group call; TG=30 Ch=3 2s

Status
Not open for further replies.