First contagious WiFi computer virus goes airborne, spreads like the common cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

"Computer science researchers have demonstrated for the first time how a digital virus can go airborne and spread via WiFi networks in populated areas at the same pace as a human diseases.

The “Chameleon” virus, designed by a University of Liverpool team, showed a remarkable amount of intelligence by avoiding detection and breaking into personal and business WiFi networks at their weakest points — spreading at an alarming rate." -- TheDailyCaller

First contagious WiFi computer virus goes airborne, spreads like the common cold -- TheDailyCaller

CapStar362

AVG is a joke, now i have found Bitdefender Total Security, and then if that fails ill goto NOD.

and anyone who connects to a OPEN Wifi and chooses the option for Work or Home network for Vista or 7 deserves to catch something

k3cfc

Silent Key
AVG is a joke, now i have found Bitdefender Total Security, and then if that fails ill goto NOD.

and anyone who connects to a OPEN Wifi and chooses the option for Work or Home network for Vista or 7 deserves to catch something

I know it's a joke along with Avast and all the rest of the free ones. i use wifi all the time at several locations and never had a problem but then i have a business antivirus program running.

Have a good day.
K3CFC

RC286

The thing most people don't know about virus scanners is they are exactly like your bodies immune system. A virus has to get out there and infect machines before the security firms know its there and find a way to detect and remove it. Unless they know its there, there will be no algorithm to detect and imobilize it. Just like your body with a cold or flu, unfortunately there has to be infections first.

This virus is just one of the few examples of how malicious attacks are starting to target routers, switches, and access points with known exploits and using them as a node to spead infection or imobilize a network.

CapStar362

another one...... C.E.R.T. .... err well thats an Acronym

before any application knows about a virus and how to fix it, C.E.R.T. will test it, then release the secured immunization data to the Security companies who then apply it to their databases

Status
Not open for further replies.