First Energy Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvick21

Premium Subscriber
Following are all TG's not in the db but I have recorded. Some need further clarification. All heard from the Weirton Tower, as I'm near Oakdale PA.

TG63 -crews talking to West Penn Greensburg. Did reference Mason Dixon Hwy.
TG72 -short audio, not enough detail for location
TG73 -Weirton Line. Discussing energizing lines from Weirton to Paris Pa (Waah Co). Also, msg to units as First Energy South.
TG78 -Appears to be channel for crew to crew talks. Some business, most general chit chat. Cities referenced from Washington PA, MorgantownnWV and Jane Lew WV
TG2911 -Hailing Greensburg.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I'm surprised you are hearing greensburg traffic as last i knew there was no towers up this way for first energy.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm surprised you are hearing greensburg traffic as last i knew there was no towers up this way for first energy.

The First Energy P25 system covers Mon Power, Potomac Edison and Jersey Central P&L. The Ohio portions of FE are covered by the statewide Ohio MARCS system. It is Penn Power, West Penn Power, Met-Ed and and Penelec that [I guess] are on STARNET or are supposedly going to be.

The FE towers extend as far north as the northern panhandle of WV, which is where the OP is listening from. But Greensburg is the main center for the Mon Power stuff I believe, which is why "Greensburg" is often heard on this system by listeners in NPWV.

Map: FIRST ENERGY (FELHC) - Google My Maps

All of the sites are online, but some really couldn't be confirmed because of the use of 152 mhz market-area licenses for which one could really not pin down the site locations. So not all sites are in the DB.

Last edited:

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
The First Energy P25 system covers Mon Power, Potomac Edison and Jersey Central P&L. The Ohio portions of FE are covered by the statewide Ohio MARCS system. It is Penn Power, West Penn Power, Met-Ed and and Penelec that [I guess] are on STARNET or are supposedly going to be.

The FE towers extend as far north as the northern panhandle of WV, which is where the OP is listening from. But Greensburg is the main center for the Mon Power stuff I believe, which is why "Greensburg" is often heard on this system by listeners in NPWV.

Map: FIRST ENERGY (FELHC) - Google My Maps

All of the sites are online, but some really couldn't be confirmed because of the use of 152 mhz market-area licenses for which one could really not pin down the site locations. So not all sites are in the DB.
I live in Washington County PA and monitor the Weirton Site 73 which was voice verified as the Weirton Line Crew talkgroup. I do not believe Weirton crews go beyond the West Virginia state line. I have never heard any mention of any Pennsylvania location except for the lines they work on like for example Weirton-to-Avella junction. I have found an article that I posted in the PA P25 forum that confirms West Penn Power will be on the PA StarNet P25 system starting next year. Also, I have never heard on any West Virginia First Energy P25 talkgroups any mention of Pennsylvania areas such as Washington, PA, Burgettstown, PA, Canonsburg PA and on and on. I have heard the Weirton Line Crew talkgroup servicing Wellsburg and Follansbee West Virginia which is close to the Pennsylvania border.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I live in Washington County PA and monitor the Weirton Site 73 which was voice verified as the Weirton Line Crew talkgroup. I do not believe Weirton crews go beyond the West Virginia state line. I have never heard any mention of any Pennsylvania location except for the lines they work on like for example Weirton-to-Avella junction. I have found an article that I posted in the PA P25 forum that confirms West Penn Power will be on the PA StarNet P25 system starting next year. Also, I have never heard on any West Virginia First Energy P25 talkgroups any mention of Pennsylvania areas such as Washington, PA, Burgettstown, PA, Canonsburg PA and on and on. I have heard the Weirton Line Crew talkgroup servicing Wellsburg and Follansbee West Virginia which is close to the Pennsylvania border.

Yeah, I'm confused as to why this is in the PA forum if these are not FE talkgroups on the STARNet system. @Chillybilly previously shared a link to an article regarding the Pennsylvania FE subsidiaries and their move to PA-STARNet P25 from the legacy OpenSky system they've operated on for years. PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Nothing new for Met-Ed (FE) here in Berks, Lebanon area. If there on the New StarNet-p25 yet, I have yet to see them.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
that is possible. 4 digit RIDs might be them.

but last I heard, they were going to be ENC....................... :(

harvick21

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I'm confused as to why this is in the PA forum if these are not FE talkgroups on the STARNet system. @Chillybilly previously shared a link to an article regarding the Pennsylvania FE subsidiaries and their move to PA-STARNet P25 from the legacy OpenSky system they've operated on for years. PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System
I posted here as TG73 does service in the Western Pa area. I added the other TG's since they aren't shown in the db. But clearly from some of the info I recorded West Penn Power/Allegheny Power is operating on the First Energy system.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
If there are operations in Western PA, how come there aren't any tower sites up here? Could there be sites that we just don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.