First Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
I just got a Bearcat BCD996P2. I'm using Scancat-Lite for programming. So far, everything is working great EXCEPT for the First Energy system.
I've double-checked the it IS in the scanner correctly, but I hear nothing. I programmed ALL the NJ 900Mhz frequencies, and the NJ talkgroups. The discone antenna is on my 45' ham tower, and I hear the Matawan and Upper Freehold sites very well. When I listened on the old system years ago, there was always traffic on the system.

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
I just got a Bearcat BCD996P2. I'm using Scancat-Lite for programming. So far, everything is working great EXCEPT for the First Energy system.
I've double-checked that it IS in the scanner correctly, but I hear nothing. I programmed ALL the NJ 900Mhz frequencies, and the NJ talkgroups. The discone antenna is on my 45' ham tower, and I hear the Matawan and Upper Freehold sites very well. When I listened on the old system years ago, there was always traffic on the system.
UPDATE: I also have a Raspberry Pi running OP25 to scan the system. It DOES hear some traffic on the Matawan system ( 938.7125 control ) , and reports a system ID of ' 0x89a '. The Bearcat shows a system ID of ' 089Ah ', and hears nothing during the same transmission??

W2MB

I've double-checked the it IS in the scanner correctly, but I hear nothing. I programmed ALL the NJ 900Mhz frequencies, and the NJ talkgroups. The discone antenna is on my 45' ham tower, and I hear the Matawan and Upper Freehold sites very well. When I listened on the old system years ago, there was always traffic on the system.

I've got the same issue here in central Warren County. Three of their sites are within hearing distance and I receive nothing since their system upgrade. I've tried to get better info on the new system but haven't had any luck so far. Hopefully, some of the whiz kids here can eventually figure it out!

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
I programmed the 3 Matawan frequencies ( not the control channel ) as a conventional system. When I scan those as conventional, I DO hear dispatch, but NOT the trucks. So I guess the scanner does NOT understand the control channel for some reason? Is this some sort of ' custom ' P25 system? Anyone else able to monitor the system with better equipment and decipher what is going on?

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I've programmed 3 frequencies from MATAWAN, and 2 from UPPER FREEHOLD as a CONVENTIONAL system. I did not program the control frequencies. I can now heard everything. No talkgroups, but at least I can monitor the system. If I program First Energy as a P25 Phase 1 from the database, I hear nothing.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I know this system works properly on a 436 & SDS100, as my friend was streaming the system during one of the big snowstorms this past winter until the storm passed.

danlewis

Feed Provider
I regularly hear First Energy in the Matawan area, both dispatch and field, on the 900 MHz system. TG 3311 is very active. I'm using a PSR-500.

Status
Not open for further replies.