First Impression PSR-300

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

I've had a chance to use my new psr-300 for about two weeks now and I am highly impressed with it.
When I first took it out of the box and checked it over, my initial response was that it is a decent looking unit. I've seen better looking scanners, but it's whats on the inside that counts and the 300 deliveres the goods. I checked the serial # on the back of the radio and noticed that it was a very low number and the firmware was the original one supplied when they first hit the market. So first thing was to upgrade the firmware version to the newest and with gre this is very easy to do, took all of five minutes. The audio is nice and clear and loud and all the buttons are laid out very nicely. Im using a RS 800 antenna and this radio has a good set of ears on it. I have several other scanners from uniden and radio shack that I use on a regular basis, but the 300 has grown on me like no other. I don't even want to use the other anymore. Im using win97 to program it and it has worked flawless and is very easy to use. Im using energizer 2500 rechargables batteries and the battery life is increadable. All in all this radio is outstanding in it's performance and ease of use and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this hobby.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
thats great!!! Its always nice to find a unit you truly enjoy using. Makes scanning more enjoyable. i have the psr500 and ALL my other scanners which include base models and handhelds, remain turned off. This scanner line seems to have shot to the top in a very short period of time. Plus the customer support is excellent!!!!! Hope they keep up with their high standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.