AR5700D First impressions

sub101uk

Good to hear yes the other guys on the 5700D group have also installed it also they are bringing out a firmware install tool as at the moment to up grade the firmware you need to send it back to the importer or AOR in Japan .

MStep

AOR -5700D
Firmware main _912C D9N5D P912A
SN . 09680023

(Partially redeacted for brevity).

I have sent still pictures I have sent videos showing the problem but still the nightmare continues however when the radio returns this time if its found to in the same state as it left I will be taking it back to the main importer a return trip of about 350 miles and showing them face to face what the problems are as its clear they nor AOR have any idea as I bought this radio in January and we are now May and after spending £4.5K have nothing to show for it .
AOR -5700D
Firmware main _912C D9N5D P912A
SN . 09680023
............................................................................................................................................................

MStep inquired to sub101uk and others with issues, particularly with DALL and DMR:

Would it be possible for you to post some of the pictures, and more importantly, the videos demonstrating the problem as it existed before your 5700 was repaired?

sub101uk

To save myself repeating myself its best you go to the AOR groups on face book as your see a blow by blow account on the problems that I had but as you can see it took 2 trips back to japan to sort the radio out .But now I have firmware 05 which works fine .But the nightmare started in Jan + ended in July .

Attachments

• Firmware new.jpg
    Firmware new.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 21

G7HID

To save myself repeating myself its best you go to the AOR groups on face book as your see a blow by blow account on the problems that I had but as you can see it took 2 trips back to japan to sort the radio out .But now I have firmware 05 which works fine .But the nightmare started in Jan + ended in July .
Don't remember you posting any videos on any group....

Mike

sub101uk

Sorry Mike I am not going to copy and paste all what is already on the facebook groups but in a nut shell DALL was unable to pick out what digital mode was in use , This was with the original firmware :- main _912C D9N5D P912A . The radio went back to the dealer I bought the radio from and he sent it back to the main UK importer who then sent it back to AOR in Japan . And yes there was videos as well as still pictures .

After about 2 months it came back with this firmware installed :- main_912C D0N1B P912A within a short time of receiving the radio it was found that DALL was still not working plus DMR was now found not to be decoding . So Back down to the dealer it went then to the main importer and once again was sent back to AOR in Japan .

So again 2 months later the radio returned from Japan this time with firmware :- main_005A D0N4B P005B and this time DALL worked and DMR now decoded .

So like I said look on the AOR groups on facebook from January to June - July as the topic was ongoing for months .

Sorry I cant be any more help to you but I should contact AOR in Japan for any more details who I understand are bringing out soon new firmware if you want to join the 5700D group on facebook to find out more please do .

Oh I now know who you are Mike your Mike B .from the DV1 facebook group since that is the case you know very well all the details regarding the problems I had with the 5700D . Remember this picture of the box from Japan with the repaired item sticker !

Attachments

• AR-5700D-min.jpg
    AR-5700D-min.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

G7HID

......Sorry I cant be any more help to you but I should contact AOR in Japan for any more details who I understand are bringing out soon new firmware if you want to join the 5700D group on facebook to find out more please do .
Thanks, have applied to join the 5700D group..

Mike

sub101uk

Sorry Mike your welcome to join the group but I am not admin if you want to know about tec specs of the 5700D I should send Brian F. a PM .

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would like to update our wiki on the 5700- I keep on seeing references to the 5700 Facebook group(s) but my search-fu must not be working too well, because I can't seem to come up with it. If someone would supply the URLs from Facebook and whatever other mailing list (reflectors) folks are using it would be appreciated....Mike

sub101uk

Hi Mike to gain access to the AOR facebook group you gain access in the standard way " Join Group " You then your been asked a few questions then Admin will approve you . The URL is :- Facebook Groups If your still having problems then PM admin of that site .