First Lojack (173.075), now ATM-jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio_Lady

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/14274930p-15084633c.html

Thieves hot-wire forklift to steal an ATM at Cal Expo
By Art Campos -- Bee Staff Writer

Published 3:34 pm PDT Wednesday, July 5, 2006

They used a sledgehammer, a pry bar and an acetylene torch, but four men accused of hot-wiring a forklift to steal an ATM machine from Cal Expo on Wednesday couldn't get the the 3,000-pound machine to open, Placer County sheriff's officials said.

Sgt. Brian Whigam said a tracking device inside the Golden 1 Credit Union machine allowed authorities to trace it directly to a house in Loomis within hours of the 5:45 a.m. theft.

Arrested on charges of possession of stolen property were Ronnie Lynn Wimberly, 50, and Kevin Alan Silva, 45, who lived in the home, as well as visitors Fernando Isidro Maloney, 45, and Joseph Michael Cain, 35, authorities said. Whigam said the thieves loaded the ATM machine onto a truck rented by a girlfriend of one of the suspects.

Also recovered were two stolen Yamaha Wave Runners that were taken from the driveway of a Sacramento home Monday night. Detectives said an all-terrain vehicle, a diesel generator, a U-haul trailer and other equipment found at the Loomis home were being investigated as possible stolen property.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
STiMULi said:
Funny that their name was Loomis...

As someone who has a storage unit rented at the same place where a lot of the Loomis Heist money was stored, all I can say is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

safetyobc

You know, these rednecks around here tried this once. Except, they stole a log skidder (big tractor used for pulling logs out of the woods). They used the skidders winch system to connect to the ATM, then pulled it up. After some very good detective work, the PD simply followed the torn pavement trail from the ATM to where the guys had stopped. They were still there trying to get into the ATM. These 2 geniuses were arrested on the spot.

They are spending "quality time" with big Bubba now.

Thayne

Two guys in Aurora, CO were trying to steal some copper to sell 2 nights ago; only problem is that they cut the lock off a switching cabinet in a field. One of them died instantly when he reached inside and found the 13.2KV and it "reached out" and touched him. Hows that for smart?

cristisphoto

Meth!!????!!!!

I'd wager a bet that those crooks were metheads as well....:lol:

Crista

safetyobc

Thayne said:
Two guys in Aurora, CO were trying to steal some copper to sell 2 nights ago; only problem is that they cut the lock off a switching cabinet in a field. One of them died instantly when he reached inside and found the 13.2KV and it "reached out" and touched him. Hows that for smart?

Another redneck story: There was a guy several years ago doing something similar here. He was using a high powered hunting rifle to shoot down High Voltage electrical liines. (The big ones). He ummm, forgot to shoot down one end. But he only made that mistake once. They found him fried when the power company was tracing down the power outage.

cristisphoto said:
I'd wager a bet that those crooks were metheads as well....:lol:

Crista

I am quite sure you are right. That is very prominent in my area. There are meth busts happening more and more around here.

cristisphoto

DANg IT!!!! lol

OH There are rednecks Not the Good Kind BUUT the bad kind EVRYWHERE:lol:
In CAlifornia they all over EVEN on the Urban areas lol
It's like I try to escape them and they folller me:p
Dangit
The good kind are like Jeff Foxworthy
and All them therrr guys on hthe Blue Collar comedy tour....:lol:

Crista
Yaeh there is areason why SF CA is having HUGE problems with METH
and course Crack:roll:

Status