First MOTOTRBO in Franklin Co. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The Southwest City School District (Grove City) has a new MOTOTRBO system which also permits their buses to communicate with the Grove City Police and county sheriff in an emergency. This is the first MOTOTRBO in the county that I am aware of. Here is a news release from October.

Alot of information here.

I hope other locals don't get any ideas.

16b

Premium Subscriber
There are a number of local businesses that already use TRBO here in central Ohio. Dublin Methodist Hospital and Columbus College of Art and Design are two off the top of my head. Hilliard City Schools is licensed for TRBO on their bus frequency (and I noticed that their buses have the telltale GPS antenna/NMO mount combos), although the last I heard someone told me they are still analog.

MotoTRBO is very affordable and a very appealing system for businesses, so I'm sure that lots more will make the upgrade or are already in the process.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Thanks for the info.

In the article I posted they stated - "During normal activities, these radios will operate inside the building in an analog capacity. However, in the event of an emergency where administrators need to communicate with first responders or district officials, the radios will operate in a digital capacity, increasing their range and functionality."

I didn't know they worked analog and digital. They seem to be pretty flexible. I need to read up on MOTOTRBO.

I just wondered with the school district going MOTOTRBO and Grove City looking at their 20 year old system and talks with Franklin Co. and Columbus about the possibility of going digital.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.