• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

First post and first question: programming TK-7360HV-K

Status
Not open for further replies.

sighting

Wanted to intro myself,
I am new to the hobby

My Equipment:
Kenwood TK-7360HV-K
QYT KT-980 Plus
Baofeng UV-5RTP

I received the Kenwood today and wanted to start programming it.

I have KPG-135D V2.21 but according to what i have read up it looks like i need to get KPG-135DNK
No matter where i look i cant find it and its not clear if
Can i still use the 135D vs 135DNK version?

Thank you

westcoaster

What happens when you try to read the radio with the software you have?

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but the version of software you have will permit you to program wideband channels above 151Mhz
the 135DKN will not permit you to program wide band above 151Mhz

For me, that is bad as I am in an area that still utilizes wide band above 151 Mhz

sighting

My programming skills are limited to CHIRP - Allot of CHIRP but still..
So I am not sure what to expect, that's why I asked.
I definitely need above 151 as well.

Is it safe to assume that using 135D would not be detrimental to my 7360HV-K ?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
KPG-135DN Version 2.21 is the latest version of software. It was released in December of 2012.

Due to FCC Narrowbanding requirements that went into effect on 01 January 2019, the software had to limit the 150.1 - 174MHz range to narrow band FM. If you are an amateur radio operator, it should allow wide band FM below 150.1MHz, so just fine for the 2 meter band.

What software you use will depend on what firmware is in the radio. Software and firmware versions are loosely tied together. Newer software can program older firmware, but older software will not necessarily program newer radios.

So, what you can do is give it a try and see if it gives you an error. Depending on the model version of the radio and the version of software, it may or may not work. If it doesn't work and throws and error with your current KPG-135D, then you'll need the DN software.

You can check the firmware version of the radio by turning it off, then while holding the red arrow key, turn the radio on.

If you still have issues, let me know and I can assist.

If you need the updated software, the correct place to get that from is your local Kenwood dealer. It is a copyrighted product.

westcoaster

I have KPG 135D Version 2.21 release June 28 2012
That allows me to do wide band above 150.1
Radio firmware is K 2.13.00

sighting

I have 2.21 as well
My firmware is 1.03.00

i got a few things figured out but it seems to be TX on all programed channels and not jus the one i am on

sighting

it seems fine thank you, in testing it lets me set FM above 151
I am reading up on figuring out why it Transmits across channels

For example setting say these 3 Murs channels in the Kenwood
ch1 - 151.82
ch2 - 151.88
ch3 - 151.94

When I TX on ch1 on the Kenwood my hand radios lights up when they are on ch 2 or 3 (no audio)

I did not want to post here before I spent more time trying to figure it out

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
How close are your handheld radios to the mobile radio? If you're within ten feet, you're swamping their receivers with almost-on-frequency RF. They're going to light up.

Test them in an actual use case (which isn't a 50W mobile a few feet away from a handheld) and you'll probably see they work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.