First RadioReference Audio Feed Appliance now online

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Listening to DCPD live feed; sounds great. I tried the Alexandria feed originally as my brother-in-law lives there, but didn't hear a peep. Maybe I caught it at a quiet time. Immediate audio with DCPD. Nifty!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'm surprised, and somewhat impressed, that those USB soundcards actually sound as good as they do. Is the input switchable between line in and mic in? I can see them coming in handy for future feed endeavors here. Can't beat the price!

eastrocks400

Wow, sounds and looks pretty awesome.. but may i ask one thing since i have not followed this project from the beginning...

Where is this installed in the DC area? (House, etc.)

eastrocks400

Ok, fine.

And it says these sound cards are not capable on a mac.. is that really true?

And if i downloaded Fedora on my mac, would i run it as an application on mac? And what scanner program should i use? I am pretty interested in doing this in my free time.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Great idea - but so far DC Fire has been unusable... Way too much digital garble to even have heard one full transmission in the 8 minutes I've been listening.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised, and somewhat impressed, that those USB soundcards actually sound as good as they do. Is the input switchable between line in and mic in? I can see them coming in handy for future feed endeavors here. Can't beat the price!

Scott,

Mic in only. My RISCON and Providence Citywide feeds are using the same cards.

jwco16

Pgpd

The PGPD feed sounds good. It's been years since I've listened to them. Forgot how busy PG is compared to the other DC area counties. They are so busy at 1AM it was hard to follow the traffic!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
I have 12 of the USB audio cards. When using more than one, The PC gets totally confused and locks up. How are you getting around conflicts?. I want to split my 5 police areas up and stream them individually but dont want 5 PC's. I have tried multiple Hubs but it still locks up.

eastrocks400

Also, you said you are using a mac.

So this mac is running Linux Fedora as an "application?"

And when you say 8 instances of dark ice, what is this supposed to mean? Saved as 8 different file locations?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Great idea - but so far DC Fire has been unusable... Way too much digital garble to even have heard one full transmission in the 8 minutes I've been listening.

I got the attenuator activated on the DC Fire radio and it's working fine now. We installed a rooftop antenna and began to suffer from intermod.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The computer is a Mac Mini running Windows XP - broadcast clients are ScannerCast (8 instances running). We remotely control the radios using LogMein.com and Win500

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Fantastic project with fantastic results! Looking forward to hearing more of these on the air in other locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.