First Shack post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go, guys and gals. I'm pretty young and got into the scanning hobby back around 05-06. I got really serious about the hobby back a couple years ago when I bought my first scanner (BCD996XT) but this is what I currently have! I miss the days of Analog, but I'm glad I was able to experience it at least.

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2,654
Nice!
Welcome to the hobby, or rather addiction.

Thanks, boss!

An addiction it is! I love to be informed about what goes on around town. And when the occasional foot/car chase comes up and you get those goosebumps! Man, I love this hobby. Probably why I've been scanning so long.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Nice set-up you've got there.

Thanks, boss!

An addiction it is! I love to be informed about what goes on around town. And when the occasional foot/car chase comes up and you get those goosebumps! Man, I love this hobby. Probably why I've been scanning so long.

Ahhhhh, but did he mean addiction as in can't stop listening or addiction as in can never have too many radios? LOL!!

As I've posted elsewhere, along with amateur radio and scanning, another one of my hobbies is cycling. One of the "rules" of cycling says that "while the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned." I believe that this rule can also apply to radios, where the "correct" number is R+1, where R is the number of radios currently owned.

Of course, this equation may also be re-written as S-1, where S is the number of scanners/radios owned that would result in separation from your partner.

:D :)

Last edited:

KM4WLV

Addiction.......

It is an addiction :D

I think it goes both ways..... Can't ever have enough radios, and listening all the time. Mine go everywhere I do & most time I'm carrying two (VHF & 800) because of the areas I respond to with Red Cross. My main radios are an EF Johnson VHF (P25/digital capable with encryption capabilities), an MTS2000 that get's used for the 8CALL national mutual aid channels, and a Uniden BCD396XT that go everywhere. I also use a Kenwood TK 380 here and there.

I always say anyone who has less radios than me is a loser, and someone that has more is absolutely nuts LOL.

With all that said, welcome to the hobby!!!!

SCPD

QRT
That's a nice set up, fit's the needs, great! ! It looks like you have good height and space, maybe in the future, plans for a sw receiver ?

JimmyL1011

Great start. The Uniden takes the place of a LOT of different radios. You're off to a good beginning. Keep it going!

Status
Not open for further replies.