First Transit Westcook and Chicago Paratransit new radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCB64

Got it. I'm assuming your doing a ID Search TRBOnexus? Only had my SDS200 for a few months still trying to learn all the functions. Thanks.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Got it. I'm assuming your doing a ID Search TRBOnexus? Only had my SDS200 for a few months still trying to learn all the functions. Thanks.

That's correct. I checked the Diga-Talk site, Comlink etc. These two talkgroups were active during the day with "transit-related" conversations. Maybe when you listen, you'll be able to confirm if it's what you were looking for, and submit it as confirmed talkgroups to the database.

FCB64

That's correct. I checked the Diga-Talk site, Comlink etc. These two talkgroups were active during the day with "transit-related" conversations. Maybe when you listen, you'll be able to confirm if it's what you were looking for, and submit it as confirmed talkgroups to the database.
Sounds good. I was able to pick up 90010 and 90015 this morning. They are definitely paratransit, not exactly what I'm looking for though. Sounds like they check in on 90010 and then they tell him to switch over to "b" which I'm assuming is 90015 because I heard that same driver. Most of the pickups that they do are on the South shore which makes me believe it may be first transit Chicago but don't quote me yet. but I was able to find out this morning that they do use a Diga Talk radio model number DTP8900. Does that mean that they are on diga talk network and not TRBO Nexus?

FCB64

Sounds good. I was able to pick up 90010 and 90015 this morning. They are definitely paratransit, not exactly what I'm looking for though. Sounds like they check in on 90010 and then they tell him to switch over to "b" which I'm assuming is 90015 because I heard that same driver. Most of the pickups that they do are on the South shore which makes me believe it may be first transit Chicago but don't quote me yet. but I was able to find out this morning that they do use a Diga Talk radio model number DTP8900. Does that mean that they are on diga talk network and not TRBO Nexus?

Attachments

• 20210122_083429.jpg
    20210122_083429.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 24

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Now you know where to look...happy hunting.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

I would say that would be a yes. First Transit has 3 assigned talkgroups (that we're aware of), so it's possible they are using additional talkgroups, or consolidated all operations and are using the known talkgroups? Give it a listen, document what you hear, submit any and all changes to the database, even the Trbo Nexus system.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
(snip) I was able to find out this morning that they do use a Diga Talk radio model number DTP8900. Does that mean that they are on diga talk network and not TRBO Nexus?
Bad news about that model of radio. It is on the Diga-Talk+ system, which is 4G LTE. This is push-to-talk (PTT) on the cellular phone network and not monitorable using a scanner.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I heard one unit trying to call the base on trbonexus TG 900010 yesterday. The base didn't answer, and the mobile tried again on TGs 900020 and 900025. I've added these talkgroups along with TG 900015 to the database.

As recent as 2016, Pace Paratransit had three zones in Chicago, each primarily served by a different contractor. The South zone (71st south to Sibley) was served by SCR. The Central zone (between 71st and Fullerton) was served by CDT. The North zone (Fullerton north to Central) was served by MV Transportation. In addition, First Transit is a supplemental city carrier, primarily for trips over 15 miles. If this information is still valid, it's likely SCR that we're hearing on the 9000xx trbonexus system talkgroups. SCR was last reported to be using this system ESP Wireless - UHF (Chicago Sears 2) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies .

Last edited:

FCB64

I heard one unit trying to call the base on trbonexus TG 900010 yesterday. The base didn't answer, and the mobile tried again on TGs 900020 and 900025. I've added these talkgroups along with TG 900015 to the database.

As recent as 2016, Pace Paratransit had three zones in Chicago, each primarily served by a different contractor. The South zone (71st south to Sibley) was served by SCR. The Central zone (between 71st and Fullerton) was served by CDT. The North zone (Fullerton north to Central) was served by MV Transportation. In addition, First Transit is a supplemental city carrier, primarily for trips over 15 miles. If this information is still valid, it's likely SCR that we're hearing on the 9000xx trbonexus system talkgroups. SCR was last reported to be using this system ESP Wireless - UHF (Chicago Sears 2) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies .

Thanks KEVINO for the update. I've had an ID search running on Diga-Talk all day yesterday and could not pick up what exactly I was looking for. Both Chicago and NorthCook Pace Paratransit switched to these radios (DTP8900) Jan 2021. Between the 2 locations there should have been enough traffic (on seperate channels) to pick up something eventually. I did discover a unidentified paratrasit company on Radi Link 50MO8 YG, COLOR CODE 11, 472.90000. Now that I know that this (DTP8900) is push-to-talk (PTT) on the cellular phone network and not monitorable using a scanner, my treasure hunt trying to find First Transit West Cook County (WestCook) is pretty much dead. Sucks :(

FCB64

Bad news about that model of radio. It is on the Diga-Talk+ system, which is 4G LTE. This is push-to-talk (PTT) on the cellular phone network and not monitorable using a scanner.

Wow, that totally sucks. Thanks for the info though, explains why I did hear anything. :/

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

I've been scanning the Diga-Talk system sporadically and haven't heard CDT either? Since they're also First Transit, maybe they made the switch too....or it's just that quiet?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin

I started listening to the ESP Wireless "Sears 1" ESP Wireless - UHF (Chicago Sears 1) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies and "Sears 2" ESP Wireless - UHF (Chicago Sears 2) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies LTR systems and am hearing activity on a number of the talkgroups previously confirmed as SCR. Maybe the 9000xx talkgroups on the trbonexus system are CDT or MV Transportation? Maybe each zone mentioned above is no longer served by just one provider?

On a separate note, I believe I've confirmed DuPage County Pace paratransit ops using talkgroup 2102 here Comlink Wireless (NXDN-61) Trunking System, Various, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies .

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I started listening to the ESP Wireless "Sears 1" ESP Wireless - UHF (Chicago Sears 1) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies and "Sears 2" ESP Wireless - UHF (Chicago Sears 2) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies LTR systems and am hearing activity on a number of the talkgroups previously confirmed as SCR. Maybe the 9000xx talkgroups on the trbonexus system are CDT or MV Transportation? Maybe each zone mentioned above is no longer served by just one provider?

On a separate note, I believe I've confirmed DuPage County Pace paratransit ops using talkgroup 2102 here Comlink Wireless (NXDN-61) Trunking System, Various, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies .
I believe that I have found MV Transportation Pace Paratransit ops for Chicago on Radi-Link Cap+ talkgroup 40. The system database page can be found here Radi-Link (Capacity Plus Multi Site) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies .

FCB64

I believe that I have found MV Transportation Pace Paratransit ops for Chicago on Radi-Link Cap+ talkgroup 40. The system database page can be found here Radi-Link (Capacity Plus Multi Site) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies .

Interesting and good work detective. I worked both at MV South Cook and Westcook before First Transit won the Westcook bid in 2018. (I worked at First Transit for about a year). MV was still using Nextel radios at both locations. MV lost the Westcook bid to First Transit and MV lost the South Cook bid to (I think Transdev??) MV still has NorthCook but that will be up for bid soon. With all the said, with each new bid aquisition, it's an open budget to upgrade their radios. I know Pace Westcook First Transit "was" on a different system than Pace Chicago First Transit, but have since all went on the Diga-Talk DTP 8900 radio in Jan 2021. First Transit is working hard to win the NorthCook from MV and I'm assuming if they win the Pace contract they will install DTP-8900 radios as well. Pace paratransit Chicago is split between MV and First Transit and DuPage is split between CDT (Cook-DuPage transfer) and First Trasit. Any provider who wins the Pace contracts can use any system they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.