FIRST

Status
Not open for further replies.

elj1201

Is there a generally a decent bit of action on the first system? Considering upgrading, particularly for MSP and Transportation Authority police but am I really missing much?

Additionally is MSP active on any conventional freqs still? Thanks

emtLarmy15

Activity is probably light right now but in the coming year or two it's going to explode for MSP but currently they do use their VHF low Freqs still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CqDx

Other than MSP and MdTA if you are in Baltimore area there is not much else. MPA is on them too but unless you like hearing cranes and clogged drains it is pretty boring.

troymail

Silent Key
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7214

The talkgroups listed are mostly active. MdTA (police in general) talk too much....Port, Key Birdge, Hatem Bridge, and Bay Bridge are active all he time. MSP JFK is fairly active and I believe the Northeast talkgroup/patch is active as well (or should be soon). Maryland Capital Police - Baltimore and Annapolis are active, etc.

With the BCD536HP I've been hearing MdTA Hatem and MSP JFK as far south as the south side of Laurel Maryland (though not necessarily consistently/all the time)

troymail

Silent Key
Could you elaborate, just curious what you mean. they have a lot of police activity or they just chat a lot?

They are just that busy and very active. I generally don't listen to police talkgroups (on any system). I currently listen mostly for determining scanner performance, etc. on a Phase 2 system and the level of activity on these talkgroups makes that easy - they are nearly always active.

MdTA and MSP Highway are the busiest talkgroups on the system at this point. In fact if you can hear and listen to 4 talkgroups (Tunnel, Port, MSP Highway, and Hatem), they are so active (working) you may not hear much of anything else on this system. You really don't think about how much traffic flows up and down I-95 from Delaware to Howard County until you hear these 3-4 talkgroups and them it becomes obvious. MdTA Bay Bridge, Maryland Capital Police, Corrections and other police organizations are becoming more active all the time. Dundalk Marine terminals, MDE, etc also - and there's a fair amount of full time encrypted talkgroups as well.

troymail

Silent Key
While a large portion of the system is active, both on the Eastern Shore and 95 corridor, few agencies and few locations of statewide agencies (ie MSP) are currently using the system. You can view the agency on-boarding schedule here: Agency Onboarding Schedule and the geographic system build phases here: Project Progress

Looks like onboarding needs to be updated -- I don't think MSP on the Shore came up as scheduled.

doctordave

MSP "S" cars do have the FIRST - capable radios installed, however they continue utilize their legacy talkgroups on the UES 800 system for operations. I've yet to catch any "S" activity in the 700mhz, 7300s TG range ( where they'll likely appear ).

boatbod

I keep hearing that Talbot fire & ems are "just about" to have new FIRST compatible radios installed, but they've been saying that for at least 6 months and it hasn't happened yet.

SCPD

QRT
MSP "S" cars do have the FIRST - capable radios installed, however they continue utilize their legacy talkgroups on the UES 800 system for operations. I've yet to catch any "S" activity in the 700mhz, 7300s TG range ( where they'll likely appear ).

When I was up that way this past weekend, MSP Centreville was active several times, I remember hearing an accident involving a tanker truck on Rt. 301. I wanna say Centreville has a patch between the UMESC system and FiRST, and I was around Elkton and Chesapeake City getting Centreville off the Elkton site

maus92

Premium Subscriber

I hear MSP Centreville on the FiRST system all the time. I'm not sure if it is a patch from UES or occasional use, but it does not sound like all their traffic is routed on the 700 system yet. I monitor the Anne Arundel simulcast site.

CA
Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.