Fish and Wildlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

braider

Premium Subscriber
Hi I was wondering if the FW still use their old analog system. I know the State Police dispatches them, because I hear them every now and then. I didn't know if putting the old freq in would be beneficial or not and is their system still analog or is it digital. I am here in South Central KY.
Thanks for any imput.

RIVER_5

ÆS LØVER
Most if not all F&W units now have APX8000's and 8500's so yes its possible they still use it for talk around or secondary channels but all primary Dispatching duties take place on UHF P25.

They may also be heard on local law enforcement frequencies. An example is when units are patrolling Taylorsville Lake in Spencer County sometimes they will come up on the Taylorsville Law Channel.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just looking at the FCC licenses in the database, it shows many of them expired in 2014. There is still one active, so I can see how they would use that for non-dispatch purposes. Of course they could use KSP direct/tactical channels too.

I've heard the local F&W guy on the MetroSafe system several times. Makes good sense that they have this capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.