Fish & Boat Commission Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone in the Northeastern PA area have a confirmed frequency for the Fish and Boat commission? I've seen different freqs. listed but I've yet to find them. I assume they talk very little except when perhaps pulling over another boat but has anyone actually heard them at any of our larger NEPA lakes (wallenpaupack, harveys...)??

captclint

Mentor
I too have heard almost nothing. However, I have noted confirmed traffic on: 44.9600 136.5 once or twice. This (KNIH867)is supposed to be a repeater in Mtop, but too little traffic to be an active repeater. What I probably heard was M-M traffic.

Last edited:

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Clint. That's what I have in also for them....I have watched them pull over a JetSki and appear to talk on their radio but dead silence on 44.96. Nothing on Close Call either but I may not have been close enough OR they may not have been talking.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
fuzzymoto said:
Thanks Clint. That's what I have in also for them....I have watched them pull over a JetSki and appear to talk on their radio but dead silence on 44.96. Nothing on Close Call either but I may not have been close enough OR they may not have been talking.

44.96 is the repeater output for all of their towers statewide. Mobile to mobile comms are done on 45.04. PFBC tower sites are few and far between and coverage with the repeaters is spotty.

Since they have no centralized dispatch, the WCO's can be found on a variety of radio systems depending on location. They all have lowband programmed with PFBC and PGC frequencies. Most of the officers (not necessarily deputies) have access to the local police dispatch system that covers their area. Down my way, the local PFBC officers in Montco (2 of them) have 800MHz radios and sign on and off with the county comm center. Every now and then, I'll hear several officers coordinating on the lowband.

Depending on the area, WCO's will also have highband mobiles and/or portables for comms with DCNR and PSP. I worked briefly with PFBC while in college and the WCO's I worked with in the NC Region had lowband and highband radios and had access to all of Clinton and Lycoming county's police channels as well as all the DCNR repeaters.

In the SE Region, most of the WCO's have VHF mobiles for PSP/DCNR coordination, lowband, and then portables for their local systems (Bucks, Montco, Chester, etc).

Since money is very tight, I don't expect them to migrate to OpenSky any time soon...they'd like to, but funding is a definite issue for them.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
I have that one in also but I'll add it to my priority scanner just in case. The season for them to actually be out on the lakes is pretty much over. Hopefully I'll find them there. (45.04)

druhe

Premium Subscriber
More PFBC

Just wanted throw my 2 cents in here. In my area the PFBC use the Game Commission frequencies in conjunction with the ones that Ben has mentioned. They seem to gravitate to the mobile-mobile channels. In SouthCentral PA that would be 44.72 and 44.88 you may want to plug those in also

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Once again I ha dthem in my regular scanner but I'll add them to the priority. I guess its also entirely possible they aren't very chatty when pulling someone over too...

Status
Not open for further replies.