SDS100/SDS200: Fitch-Rona fireground channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelter93

Can anyone tell me where to find Fitch-Rona fireground channel ? I was listening to a Fitchburg fire call on DaneCom on my sds100 coming in great until they arrived on scene and switched to Fitch-Rona fireground and then i lost them completely.

whop94

Premium Subscriber
154.17500 DPL 343 is listed as Fitchburg (as well as Verona) fireground. Many of the on scene communications will be simplex so it may be difficult to receive Fitchburg up in Waunakee if that is where you're at. DaneCom transmissions are repeated across the county, for instance a transmission from Cambridge may sound as clear as if it were a mile down the road despite the fact you're in Sauk City, however the on scene fg communications may not carry that far.

That said it is worth programing the frequency anyway! I can normally get anything from Sun Prairie to Mt Horeb here in downtown Madison.

Skelter93

154.17500 DPL 343 is listed as Fitchburg (as well as Verona) fireground. Many of the on scene communications will be simplex so it may be difficult to receive Fitchburg up in Waunakee if that is where you're at. DaneCom transmissions are repeated across the county, for instance a transmission from Cambridge may sound as clear as if it were a mile down the road despite the fact you're in Sauk City, however the on scene fg communications may not carry that far.

That said it is worth programing the frequency anyway! I can normally get anything from Sun Prairie to Mt Horeb here in downtown Madison.
Thanks for the info. I did find that frequency under the Dane system already in the scanner but i think i was only scanning Dane-Com during the call and missed it. It says DCS343 tho i am assuming that's the same as DPL 343?? I think ill look into a better antenna too.

Status
Not open for further replies.