fl dot

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadabbado

i ask the other day if the fl dot was encripited or any other means of not being able to recieve them clearly couldnt find my question may be it was deleated i will program in if they are monotroable i am using a 996t going to program manually more fun an interesting that way

ecps92

TampaTyron

Premium Subscriber
FHP is Encrypted. FL DOT (Dept of Transportation) runs a VHF Lowband Multicast system with voting. These systems are setup to coincide with the District numbers. Basically, here in District 7, there are 4 towers. All 4 towers have different repeater outputs with all of the inputs being the same frequency. Any signal in the district is received, then voted, then that voted audio is routed out to all 4 repeaters as transmit audio. The users only have to keep up with switching to the output of the tower they are closest to. Simple? You bet! TT

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
FHP is Encrypted. FL DOT (Dept of Transportation) runs a VHF Lowband Multicast system with voting. These systems are setup to coincide with the District numbers. Basically, here in District 7, there are 4 towers. All 4 towers have different repeater outputs with all of the inputs being the same frequency. Any signal in the district is received, then voted, then that voted audio is routed out to all 4 repeaters as transmit audio. The users only have to keep up with switching to the output of the tower they are closest to. Simple? You bet! TT
FL DOT Transportation>
I don't hear them on their 4x mhz. I thought they went to the slers since they are state workers

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Like TampaTyron said, FDOT Highway maintenance uses a VHF low band repeater system. Here in SE Florida (District 4), the outputs are in the 47.xx MHz range, and the input is 45.80 for all towers in the district. I would imagine each district has their own system set up in a similar fashion with their own frequencies.

I don't know about other districts, but here in District 4 you can go for very long periods of time without hearing anything at all. The end users are poorly trained, if at all, and prefer to use their cell phones for communications.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Tampa Bay Area Road Rangers are the only ones who have CAD and SLERS with FHP Dispatch.
Orlando Area also with Orlando FHP office.

Status
Not open for further replies.