Fl slers - edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
I cannot find this system when trying to select a system for discovery/analysis on my 536. I am in the Pinellas area. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

fireken425

The new state system is DES ProVoice with ESK and Extended Addressing. Plain EDACS can uniquely identify at most 16382 radios and just over 2000 talkgroups. Extended addressing provides unique IDs for over 65000 talkgroups and half a million radios. Although the control channel format is recognized by newer scanner models, most talkgroups are reported to use full-time encryption. The infrastructure is completely IP based from console to base station.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Since it's full time encrypted and essentially unscannable I don't think there's a pre-built file for it anyway.

By essentially unscannable, I mean that it was only recently that provoice could be decoded with any scanner. Even if you can decode provoice, that's not encryption and the system uses encryption full time. So why put forth the effort to create files for a scanner that will never hear anything on the system?

Incidentally, I would NOT call the system "new". It's more than ten years old in its current incarnation.

What IS new is the upcoming P25 upgrade, which is in initial testing phases at some sites. (I think it's Phase 2.) Eventually SLERS will
be a fully P25 Phase II system. That is, if the state continues to WASTE the money to support that expensive boondoggle. Which is very much in doubt.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Even if you can decode provoice, that's not encryption and the system uses encryption full time. So why put forth the effort to create files for a scanner that will never hear anything on the system?

There are a bunch of unencrypted talkgroups on the system so I wouldn't say you won't hear anything on it.

As far as the OP's original post, have you confirmed that the system has been loaded and you can scan it?

If it hasn't been loaded, Analyze won't find it.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Florida SLERS System is completely Encrypted. That includes all State Law Enforcement including FHP, FWC, FDLE, etc....... You will never be able to listen.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Florida SLERS System is completely Encrypted. That includes all State Law Enforcement including FHP, FWC, FDLE, etc....... You will never be able to listen.

Negative.

There are some Fire/EMS groups and a few other users that are unencrypted. Mostly encrypted, yes. Completely, no.

ProVoice used to make your last statement somewhat true, but with today's latest scanner models, ProVoice monitoring is now possible.

TDR-94

I believe the only LE that isn't fully encrypted are some PD leasers on the system.All the state law enforcement agencies should be fully encrypted.

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
It seems I was able to manually program SLERS EDACS into my 536, but the TGIDs listed in the database are in AFS format (but showing up on my scanner as traditional EDACS TGIDs - e.g. 04-121). Why is the DB set up this way, and how do I do a conversion?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'll try to get all the LCNs when I drive in some areas. I got St Augustine site correct lcn. I hear ENC nothing open. I was hoping to hear Walton Co or Okaoolsa nothing from them as of yet on the S169.

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
I am set up on the Clearwater site. Does an incorrect LCN cause TGIDs to display in an incorrect format?

Status
Not open for further replies.