FL Slers P25 197 9254A

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I noticed 5 mints ago on Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System (P25) Trunking System, Statewide, Florida - Scanner Frequencies there is some info in the notes list. I’ll be in tally sometime today. If I don’t forget I’ll stop by and see what dsdplus shows. There is a few sites I can try on the way see if any site neighbors show up also. Before I left town over a week ago I didn’t see no fcc licenses for the 700. I was looking for each county I was going through to set up see what pops up.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was in Crawfordville (wakulla county) today and site 46 popped up. It is same setup as Fort White site........ Can anyone in Columbia County near Ft White confirm s46?

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I was in Crawfordville (wakulla county) today and site 46 popped up. It is same setup as Fort White site........ Can anyone in Columbia County near Ft White confirm s46?
i think it was just not labeled right in the database. it's all fixed now!

batdude

I was guessing it was labeled wrong. I was looking at both sites at site nac they were different.

even with the exact same freqs, the Site NAC and your location should 100% tell you which site is which

the fort white and crawfordville sites should be ~100 miles apart, so it would be very unlikely for you to hear both while you are mobile.

the only sites that I do not have 100% DSD+ data on are Big Pine (15) and Wewahitchka (76)

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
even with the exact same freqs, the Site NAC and your location should 100% tell you which site is which

the fort white and crawfordville sites should be ~100 miles apart, so it would be very unlikely for you to hear both while you are mobile.

the only sites that I do not have 100% DSD+ data on are Big Pine (15) and Wewahitchka (76)
On Wewa 76 is correct I pick that one up on/off when bands are open or if I drive by that area.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I still don't understand the significance of the sites being labeled "Air" as if they are strictly for speed enforcement from airplanes. If anything, they could re-use a couple conventional frequencies across the state if that's actually the purpose of these initial listings, but a trunked repeater system??

I remember the Good Old Days when I could hear the aircraft directing mobile units on 154.92 MHz simplex from miles away. TNX.

batdude

I still don't understand the significance of the sites being labeled "Air" as if they are strictly for speed enforcement from airplanes. If anything, they could re-use a couple conventional frequencies across the state if that's actually the purpose of these initial listings, but a trunked repeater system??

I remember the Good Old Days when I could hear the aircraft directing mobile units on 154.92 MHz simplex from miles away. TNX.
the site names on Radio Ref are the same as they are described in the SLERS P25 documents. (see attached)

i don't know why they are referred to as "air" either - but I'm sure there is a reasoning for it in the big master SLERS plan....

doug

Attachments

• slersP25air.pdf
    222.2 KB · Views: 35

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Next time I go east again I'll have all this system in and see what pops up. I should have looked at shady grove when I was in that area over a week ago.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
the site names on Radio Ref are the same as they are described in the SLERS P25 documents. (see attached)

Well, I'm not a fan of this slavish dedication to match the hobbyist info exactly to the bureaucratic blah-blah. Railfans love to do that, too, but if there are ways to express the information that are better for hobbyists then by all means do it.

For example, I name the channels in my scanner and Unitrunker to suit my needs, regardless of what the users call them. More meaningful, especially with some questionable naming choices by the official decision-makers.

batdude

Well, I'm not a fan of this slavish dedication to match the hobbyist info exactly to the bureaucratic blah-blah. Railfans love to do that, too, but if there are ways to express the information that are better for hobbyists then by all means do it.

For example, I name the channels in my scanner and Unitrunker to suit my needs, regardless of what the users call them. More meaningful, especially with some questionable naming choices by the official decision-makers.
I respectfully disagree especially with the "slavish dedication" comment -- but while the term "air" may be non-relevant, the important part (city/geographics) of what is actually on the air vs. what is in that document seem to be a 100% match.

doug

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I download this pdf back in 2019. If you go to page 23 it lists the 7xx.xxxxx so far I looked at them and the list on RRDB it looks correct.

Attachments

• Florida_700MHz_Plan_for_State_Use_Channels_-2018_Final.pdf
    552.9 KB · Views: 19

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

batdude

anything with LTE in the descriptor is a death blow to listening to PS radio traffic - perhaps the hobbyist sector will be able to provide something that works, but with the laws in place regarding scanners and cell phone freqs... Uniden and the others are a non-starter on anything LTE.

at this point I don't really know what Florida is going to do re: SLERS. The system loading that they expected never materialized, many sites carry ZERO local traffic; and FHP seems to be the biggest day-to-day PTT user.

Harris (before L3Harris) pulled an exceptional feat when they got the initial SLERS contract and how "ownership" of the towers would be handled.... effectively they became a sole-source supplier to Florida. Very smart. Harris owns the towers until 2051. (yes, 30 more years)

SLERS (EDACS) is now nearly obsolete, is not interoperable at all - and it wasn't even used to 5% of its potential. Look, ONE WHOLE PAGE of users on a what? 50? 100? million $ radio system? Awesome use of Tax Money >> https://www.dms.myflorida.com/content/download/149444/996614/2020_SLERS_Partner_List.pdf

(btw, the same article I used for data above noted that SLERS has an ANNUAL budget of $18 million / year)

then there is this GEM of an article from October:

d

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
anything with LTE in the descriptor is a death blow to listening to PS radio traffic - perhaps the hobbyist sector will be able to provide something that works, but with the laws in place regarding scanners and cell phone freqs... Uniden and the others are a non-starter on anything LTE.

at this point I don't really know what Florida is going to do re: SLERS. The system loading that they expected never materialized, many sites carry ZERO local traffic; and FHP seems to be the biggest day-to-day PTT user.

Harris (before L3Harris) pulled an exceptional feat when they got the initial SLERS contract and how "ownership" of the towers would be handled.... effectively they became a sole-source supplier to Florida. Very smart. Harris owns the towers until 2051. (yes, 30 more years)

SLERS (EDACS) is now nearly obsolete, is not interoperable at all - and it wasn't even used to 5% of its potential. Look, ONE WHOLE PAGE of users on a what? 50? 100? million $ radio system? Awesome use of Tax Money >> https://www.dms.myflorida.com/content/download/149444/996614/2020_SLERS_Partner_List.pdf

(btw, the same article I used for data above noted that SLERS has an ANNUAL budget of $18 million / year)

then there is this GEM of an article from October:

d
On the list FSDB Deaf & Blind School only schools buses on it. The PD was on it but had issues with the system years ago. They went to a p25 Conv.

Status
Not open for further replies.