Flag delta

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3JSO

Have you look in the OPP's wiki page. It's there. All the CNI codes, 10-codes, soft ID meaning, flags..

thanks rc and yea i checked before i asked and they had everything but flag delta this is all i saw
Ontario Provincial Police Quick Response Codes
Flag Alpha - Armed and Dangerous
Flag Charlie - Contagious Disease
Flag Echo - Escape Risk
Flag Foxtrot - Family Violence
Flag Mike - Mental Instability
Flag Sierra - Suicidal Tendencies
Flag Victor - Violent

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
thanks rc and yea i checked before i asked and they had everything but flag delta this is all i saw
Ontario Provincial Police Quick Response Codes
Flag Alpha - Armed and Dangerous
Flag Charlie - Contagious Disease
Flag Echo - Escape Risk
Flag Foxtrot - Family Violence
Flag Mike - Mental Instability
Flag Sierra - Suicidal Tendencies
Flag Victor - Violent

What you have listed above is refered to as the CNI (Criminal Name Index)
You may not have a record but still be listed in the CNI eg: Someone with a mental Illness. This gives the officer rather important info on how they may choose to interact with the subject.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I hear this flag all the time sadly.

VE3JSO

yea i hear flag mike all the time aswell but sometimes i hear flag delta and once i heard flag alcohol what ever that one means

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Or just someone who forgot the phoenitic word for letter A and guessed alcohol instead of alpha.....

but your explaination makes more sense to me as well... just throwing it out there

multisync

What you have listed above is refered to as the CNI (Criminal Name Index)
You may not have a record but still be listed in the CNI eg: Someone with a mental Illness. This gives the officer rather important info on how they may choose to interact with the subject.

It's basically "unsubstantiated" / unproven info on a subject entered by a police officer. Maybe the cop had a some interaction with a person and decided to log it into "locals". It's pretty much an opinion by the officer. It should actually be illegal to enter that type of info unless the person has been charged/convicted and determined by a medical professional as to the persons state. All it does is bias the next cop who interacts with that subject.

Beside police officers are not medical professionals in any capacity. It's like me saying all cops are alcoholics and can't hold down a marriage based on what I read and hear in the news and what I've seen personally.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
It's basically "unsubstantiated" / unproven info on a subject entered by a police officer. Maybe the cop had a some interaction with a person and decided to log it into "locals". It's pretty much an opinion by the officer. It should actually be illegal to enter that type of info unless the person has been charged/convicted and determined by a medical professional as to the persons state. All it does is bias the next cop who interacts with that subject.

Beside police officers are not medical professionals in any capacity. It's like me saying all cops are alcoholics and can't hold down a marriage based on what I read and hear in the news and what I've seen personally.

I would think they base that on there experience with that person, the only people that would have any use for that is another cop who meets that person and will keep that in mind, its not likley a label applied to them that goes anywhere other than the next cop to deal with him/her...... so if the cop deals with a guy who says "i hate cops and will pound the next one i see" wouldnt that be a good thing to flag? and NO, he doesnt need to be a doctor to know that..... my 2 cents

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
Well I heard a "New one" tonight while listening to Waterloo Regional Police Service:
F=Foxtrot V=Victor "flagged FV for family violence"

VE3JSO

I would think they base that on there experience with that person, the only people that would have any use for that is another cop who meets that person and will keep that in mind, its not likley a label applied to them that goes anywhere other than the next cop to deal with him/her...... so if the cop deals with a guy who says "i hate cops and will pound the next one i see" wouldnt that be a good thing to flag? and NO, he doesnt need to be a doctor to know that..... my 2 cents

i agree all the cni flags are is just to give another officer a heads up on what they observed for officer saftey

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Foxtrot Victor Is the same as Foxtrot (as listed in the previous thread)... the Victor maybe just habit to say

Well I heard a "New one" tonight while listening to Waterloo Regional Police Service:
F=Foxtrot V=Victor "flagged FV for family violence"

ve3kko

some times i hear the comm centre say "he is flag m" and then the officer says 10-4, he is mha.
It's sort of 6 of one and half a dozen of the other i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.