Flagler County P25 (9EB.BEE00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Has anyone heard any updates on the Future of the P25 system? Last I read is the article that I found on the Flagler County EDCAS Wiki Page from November. A little confused by the timeline of everything. Have they started installing any new equipment yet? Are they still on the same timeframe for everything? Anyone heard anything lately.

walt991

Has anyone heard any updates on the Future of the P25 system? Last I read is the article that I found on the Flagler County EDCAS Wiki Page from November. A little confused by the timeline of everything. Have they started installing any new equipment yet? Are they still on the same timeframe for everything? Anyone heard anything lately.
Haven't heard anything recently. I even scanned some of the newer assigned FCC frequencies and haven't detected any control channels or activity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
According to the article, it says all new equipment should be installed this spring and implement the new radio system over the summer. Have they started building the 3 new sites yet? Also, has anyone heard if they will have a talkgroup where Flagler County can interloop with neighboring counties?

Last edited:

jeff

Premium Subscriber
They will be using existing freqs plus 4 new ones: 851.575, 852.0625, 852.3125, 853.2375. I have not seen the new tower at I95 and Mantanzas Woods Pkwy start construction as of 2 weeks ago.

walt991

They will be using existing freqs plus 4 new ones: 851.575, 852.0625, 852.3125, 853.2375. I have not seen the new tower at I95 and Mantanzas Woods Pkwy start construction as of 2 weeks ago.

Hopefully they will not encrypt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
if the going trend that Florida has been doing with the exception of a few counties, they will probably encrypt law enforcement, it costs them nothing except a PR hit to do it

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
FCSO is encrypted now, and has been since they went from VHF to 800 EDACS. I'd expect that won't change with P25.
I don't know if this is true on the RRDB https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4822 seems all them are on "D"

FCSO is not encrypted now on the EDCAS System. I think all law enforcement will be encrypted in the new P25 system. I just hope they don't encrypt any Fire. Hopefully, everything will be up and running soon so we can tell.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Guess I should have said "ProVoice" instead of the E word. They liked that it wasn't scanner friendly, and I'd bet good quid P25 will be encrypted.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Haven't heard any new Control Channel Activity. Been scanning for a day or two now. I saw Posible construction at the tower by CR-304 and SR-11 as of a few days ago. Could be unrelated but who knows.
I have also been searching around the web for any possible new updates but no luck there. Does anyone know what the last update of the new P25 system is? Does anyone know what kind of talkgroups there will be? When the towers will be built? To my understanding, they will be updating some towers and building 3 More towers? Thanks. Hope I'm not being annoying by asking all these questions.

walt991

Control channel is up!

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Do you know the Cntrl Channel is? Or are they using the same freqs as their Edacs system?

They wouldn't be on an EDACS control channel to test P25, as the channel is already in use. Check one of the newly assigned freqs. You'll find the initial testing done on those freqs.

walt991

They wouldn't be on an EDACS control channel to test P25, as the channel is already in use. Check one of the newly assigned freqs. You'll find the initial testing done on those freqs.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Are you able to get more info on SysID & so on? DSDPlus or Unitrunker will give all the info how many freqs site number and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.