Flagler County ProVoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
my stream is only fire/rescue. i`m not interested in any law enforcement if you monitor law forcement in my county all you would hear is them going on the scene and tags being ran. since the dispatch is done by computer in the cars.. there really isnt anything to hear.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
that is a bummer if Flagler Co Fire/Rescue goes to that Provoice. I think The PD should have some Encrypted channels like running tags and hostages scenes stuff like that. Than again it is DHS and BUSH doing it. I wonder if St Johns Co will do? If Flagler does does that They should keep F/R open on Digital 800. I like hearing F/R than PD myself.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Wonder on Flagler Co FD paging will be on vhf still? or they will cut that off too? I was hoping F/R wouldn't go ProVoice. That would be a stinker if every county will go to it? I hear they stink for they system since the have problems like FHP! Thanks to DHS again.....

JohnnyGalaga

Banned
pinellasfirefighter said:
my stream is only fire/rescue. i`m not interested in any law enforcement if you monitor law forcement in my county all you would hear is them going on the scene and tags being ran. since the dispatch is done by computer in the cars.. there really isnt anything to hear.
I'd have to disagree with you there. There's a lot of chases, perimeters, swat calls, and undercover sting activity that makes for really good monitoring. You just hafta be patient. When FD is staged, I'll often switch over to the PD channel to hear the action.

When you get trunker set up, you can label individual radios however you want. I have a couple PCSO helicopter radios ID'd in bright yellow, so if I see them key up from across the room, then I know there's some action happenin' on the PD side.:twisted:

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
yeah i guess your right but i`m just not into the whole police thing.. doesnt hold my interest in the least bit. that goes for police officers in person or hearing them on the radio.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I think it may be he doesn't want to hear PD on the radio or in person. I know some FD radios has PD channels in them uncase something happens. Like JFRD has JEA and JSO on their radios. If JSO and JFRD are scene somewhere and they dont tie up the dispatch that much instead JSO talking to dispatch and ask a question what does FD want me to do for example do I need a road block at a street?

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
nothing against police officers my parents are.. just dont choose to listen or hang around them thats all.. yes on our mot 2 county wide system they come up on our channels from time to time. as did the fhp before the big change. but thank god it doesnt happen alot.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I know a few cops around my area they know I hear them I told them one day I wont hear them anymore since its no fun I do have them in my radio but just have them on just Fire. Now the base will have pd/fd scanning. I bet police are saying the samething about fire they may get sick of it too. Too bad FHP went to that system once awhile I like hear them. Looks like the next few yrs PD will go to ProVoice and FD stays open that is fine by me atleast I hear FD they go to wrecks and stuff...

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
yeah but but even with pro voice in time it will beable to be scanned also trust me. there is a way to get around everything. i bet my ass in time watch there will be a trunker 5 coming out from uniden. i know people will say bull**** there is no way but watch.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
That would be cool if they did. I heard if they did they went to ENC anyways since the radios have ESK on them I don't think they have chips in them no more I know someone has a old SS radio that requires the chip they are like 700 bucks for one. If a sacnner picks up Pro Voice then we need the ESK unless the scanner detects it. If that happens than DHS would be pissed. Pinellasfirefigher I forgot how busy was it when the storm went through
the area I am at was on watch no rain or thunder came by.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If they come out number 5 wonder how much it would be like 800 bucks or more? I wish the 4 had the passport and multinet. when are the Flagler Co going to the system?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If that happens I'll wait for awhile to buy one if they do come out with one I am not paying no 500 or more again.... I like the 396 radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.