Flagler County ProVoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
The days of $79.99 scanners are over. New high-tech systems require new high tech scanners. The prices will only go up not down. As far as ProVoice is concerned M/A-Com holds the sole rights therefore NO scanner will ever be made to listen to ProVoice. This is the same reason you never saw a VSELP or Aegis scanner, not because noone had interest in listening, but because scanner makers could not get the blessing to product them since Motorola {VSELP} & M/A-Com {Aegis} had sole rights to it.

In closing if you want to listen to ProVoice, you will be forced to buy a ProVoice M/A-Com radio. I currently have a 5 month backorder for my customers on ProVoice radios. So as you see, the demand is very high.

grem467

and what exactly are your customers supposed to do about ESK or DES?

i highly doubt most people are going to spend the money on a brand spaking new provoice radio, much less the extremely expensive Programmer and hardware to program them.

SCPD

QRT
There are plenty of non ESK non DES ProVoice systems out there. What makes you think customers will not spend money on ProVoice radios? Grem you always think you know everything. This is why your just a Tech & I am the business owner. We sell about 10 ProVoice radios a month. 40% of our customer base for ProVoice radios are individuals. The other 60% are to Government agencies. Thank god I am not like grem & say to myself "Noone will buy these high dollar ProVoice radios" That would have been shooting myself in the foot.

Just because a System is ESK does not mean the System Admin won't program your radio to monitor it. IE News stations have been allowed to monitor in some systems that have ESK. We have sold to many news stations across the US. Again its totally up to the System Admin to make that call.

grem467

no, you arent worth it and im better than that

good luck to you with your whatever it is you do, you are dead to me

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Good, if I am dead & you are better then that, then stop trying to pick fights everytime I say something. Because your opinion of "i highly doubt most people are going to spend the money on a brand spaking new provoice radio, much less the extremely expensive Programmer and hardware to program them." Speaking from a Business Owner standpoint, I can assure you that statement is far from the truth.

Have a wonderful day Mr. Lead Technician

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have heard on the 800 mhz in St Johns Co with 2 bars at night but has some static on it.

01-001 FCF/R Repaet on 154.130 Paging
01-006 FCSO Repeat on 158.850
01-007 FCSO Repeat on 156.210

I submit that to RR D/B.

Last edited:

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Actually, Com-4...grem is right. It's a VERY RARE thing that a public safety organization would grant access to the media if they're on a not so scanner friendly system. One or two examples aren't going to cut it.

Most people who listen to scanners are cheap and wouldn't know quality if it fell in their lap (just take a look at the JUNK being sold), so I highly doubt they're going to fork out the $$ for a MA/COM radio.

MMIC

Actually, Com-4...grem is right. It's a VERY RARE thing that a public safety organization would grant access to the media if they're on a not so scanner friendly system. One or two examples aren't going to cut it.

When ASTRO-25 systems were un-monitorable, the State of Colorado and Austin/Travis County allowed media access to their systems with Motorola radios. San Antonio/Bexar County and Oklahoma City both allow the media to monitor a select number of talk groups on their systems. And I believe that Atlanta/Cobb County allowed the media access to their systems with Motorola radios prior to the release of Motorola trunk tracking scanners. The list could probably go on, but media access to public safety systems isn't so rare.

Most people who listen to scanners are cheap and wouldn't know quality if it fell in their lap (just take a look at the JUNK being sold), so I highly doubt they're going to fork out the $$ for a MA/COM radio.

You're probably right on this one, but if Com-4 has enough business coming in to sell M/A-COM radios, good for him. I can't criticize a man for making a buck or two!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
if you have a eazystreamclient you can download it forgot the site. here is the gainesville feed alachuacounty.no-ip.org that has to use that eazystream.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
spiritwolfpr said:
Hello Friends:
I wonder If I could listen to PD and fire/rescue
in Gainesville??

I believe you already asked that question in a thread called "Gainsville frequencies".

The answer is the same as it was before: Yes, you can, if you have a digital scanner.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
bravo14 said:
if you have a eazystreamclient you can download it forgot the site. here is the gainesville feed alachuacounty.no-ip.org that has to use that eazystream.
Correct. If you want to listen to my Alachua County Fire Rescue feed, you have to download the client here: http://www.butel.nl/easy/eazystream_clientsetup.zip

Once it's open, just scroll through the server list until you see FLORIDA: Alachua County.

That's me :)

edweirdFL

Funny you mention that. I entered "Flagler trunked radio" into a Google search and found a story about it which mentioned that the Palm Coast folks had not waited for a county wide system, and had built their own in 2005. I them searched for "Palm Coast trunked radio" and found a story about the system which said how many channels and the fact it was EDACS.

I then checked the FCC listings on this site, and plugged them into my 996. I submitted the system after I was able to monitor it for a while. I was surprised it wasn't here already.

In any case, the reason why it's not currently combined is that they wanted it sooner. It was noted that since Flagler Co and Palm Coast are both EDACS, they could be combined. I suppose they may keep fleet and subgroups unique across both systems to make this easier.

Ed

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
EdweirdFL I didn't think of doing a search some reason I can not pick up 800 that good in St Aug I live on the second floor. What system ID does Palm Coast come up with? I have updated my 396 radio I am going to step outside and see what I get on 800. I went outside and got a system site # it is 18 I went and updated on RR D/B. I had 1 bar coming in. Too bad scanners can't put the Site# in like ctcss dpl etc.. I had some other county kick in.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Many private persons are buying ProVoice radios due to the fact that scanners can not listen to ProVoice systems. It doesnt matter if a ProVoice radio cost $500 or $3,000 if someone wants to listen bad enough they will buy it & are buying. All M/A-Com is doing is helping the 2 way radio resellers have a monopoly in that sector of business. Since ProVoice has boomed, my back orders on ProVoice radios have gone from 10 to almost 120 And yes, Government agencies are allowing news agencies to have ProVoice radios. How do I know? Because I have sold over 40 radios to NBC News alone. Sorry to say the only way Uniden will get a ProVoice scanner if M/A-Com agrees to it, & since this is M/A-Coms cash cow to sell to the agencies saying "no scanner will hear you" I seriously doubt M/A-Com will roll over to give Uniden some business. This is the same example as the VSELP & Aegis systems that came out years ago. Did you see Uniden come out with a VSELP or Aegis scanner? No. Not because there wasnt any money to be made, but because Motorola & M/A-Com said no. Scanners are able to listen to EDACS & APCO 25 because EDACS was reverse engineerable & APCO 25 is a open standard that anyone can produce. But this is not the case with ProVoice, M/A-Com has sole rights to its production.

FYI Used/Mint ProVoice radios are selling from $700-$1,200 each

Not bad since a mobile scanner with remote head option sells for $850+

Status
Not open for further replies.