Flash player is slowly dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukemester

Feed Provider
This is for blantonl.

Firefox 69 is now complaining about the flash player on the manage feed page. It now disables flash by default. It looks like flash is on it's way out.. Is it possible to use another player with the manage feeds page? If not, you might want to put this on your to-do list.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Adobe is trying to deprecate Flash. They have struggled to make it secure for years, and don't want to deal with the hassle amy more.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Flash is needed to run the loop feature of NWS radar. It requires two mouse clicks to activate it when I call up my state map. A small inconvenience, but certainly not a big deal. HTML5 was supposed to be in place by now as a replacement, but it will require more than a single program to do the job. Adobe Flash replacement

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
Flash is needed to run the loop feature of NWS radar. It requires two mouse clicks to activate it when I call up my state map. A small inconvenience, but certainly not a big deal. HTML5 was supposed to be in place by now as a replacement, but it will require more than a single program to do the job. Adobe Flash replacement

I have NWS radar running full time on my pc, with the auto update feature it is really handy.

bill4long

Slowly? HTML5 killed the Flash star. Flash has been in a coma on life support for a several years now. The flat line is coming any moment.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
What's left of Flash on legacy websites should die. HTML5 is preferred, and will run on Android and (I assume) iOS tablets and phones. Except for programming a codeplug, I don't use my 10 yr old Windows 7 Asus netbook; there is no need as my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE does everything I need. I can understand Radioreference's difficulties in migrating from Flash as the site is huge, but sooner or later it will come to pass...

My own website is simple and small, but the best thing I did 5 or 8 years ago was dump the convoluted Dreamweaver code and redo the pages in HTML5/CSS3. No muss with browser compatibility. To work on the pages I use QuickEdit Pro and FtpCafe on my tablet and phone from anywhere I have a cell or WiFi signal. Giddyup.

Status
Not open for further replies.