Flashing S And Now Poor Or Little Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerjunkie

Ok this flashing S is beginning to tick me off. i know you should be seeing a flashing T when scanning and on an active channel but all i see is the flashing S with a occasional T but its mostly the S that keeps flashing. i know it has to do with squelch but i turn up squelch and its still there flashing and now its interfering with my reception. signal now bounces all over the place and radio has hard time receiving. i had the pro 668 and that didnt have the S on it at all. signal will be solid with solid T then signal disappears and bounces all over with flashing S. can this S be disabled? please any help would be great.thanks. oh by the way im monitoring starcom p25 simulcast 700 MHZ system and a WS1080 scanner.

ScannerSK

It sounds like you have interference in your area. The "S" will also appear if interference is being received on the frequency. You might be able to walk around a tall building and see which direction it is originating from if it is outside interference.

Shawn

AC9BX

... im monitoring starcom p25 simulcast 700 MHZ system and a WS1080 scanner.

Be sure you have the site options set for auto fill. If you use the others you'll have exactly what you describe. You may get some traffic but mostly just 'S' and sometimes 'T' but no audio.

The Starcom system can do weird things. Depending on which site you're trying there may be numerous towers and simulcast reception is troublesome. You can try moving the radio around (assuming you are using the telescopic antenna attached), extending or collapsing the antenna.

Be sure you have all the frequencies programmed in or at least the current control channel. You can of course use only the control channel. But, you have to be sure it's current. They do change sometimes. Monitor that frequency by itself to be sure it is indeed the active control channel, it should be indefinite steady data.

scannerjunkie

Just wiped out scanner and reinstalled everything. Working perfectly now. Also had to tweak the squelch. Their may have been a hiccup in the last upload from ezscan. Now it works in harmony with my psr 500. The 500 was doing circles around the 1080 before the reprogram. Thanks goes out to those who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.