Flathead County MT - Sheriffs Office moving to State P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like the Flathead County MT Sheriffs Office is moving to the new system. Since I live in Flathead County for a good part of the year, in addition to running a live audio feed, I'll be on top of the changes as much as I can.

(Our feed is down right now due to a power outage but we're working on it)

Sheriff’s Office begins radio-system switch

ramschel

Lindsay,

Glad to read that you will be setting up a stream for the new system. I live in the Flathead and was wondering, can I setup my Radio Shack trunk tracking scanner to pick up this system? It only does analog trunk tracking.

Thanks,

Ryan

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I got the feed back up today - took a quick peek on the State of MT system but didn't see any active talkgroups for Flathead SO... just Kalispell. I've got the radio monitoring all talkgroups on the state system (Big Mountain, Kalispell, Polson and Lakeside sites) if they come active.

ramschel

Talkgroup ID

Lindsay,

I have been enjoying the feed. I imagine it would take more specialized equipment but I had to consider how nice it would be if the talkgroup ID's or better yet, a textual description were sent out as the stream title during traffic. Is that in any way possible?

Thanks for a great service!

Ryan

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ryan,

That information is sent out over the stream. To view text tags you'll need to have WinAMP or iTunes installed, and you'll need to choose those players. I use iTunes and it works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.