Software FLDIGI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to play around with decoding WEFAX and other digital transmissions using FLDIGI. I have a couple of questions.

Some fax images are black background with white characters, some are white background with black characters. Is this just the way they are being sent? Likewise some images come in "sideways"; is there a correction in the software, or is this just the way they are being transmitted?

And: In the "Signal Browser" window, there is a slider bar at the bottom. I have not been able to find out what it's for.

Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The sideways issue is a result of the soundcard not quite lining up with the timing of the signal. It can be adjusted using this procedure...

And FLdigi has its own mailing list and Facebook page, viz

where if you don't get answers to your FLDigi questions here, you will using those 2 links...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
By chance were you trying to copy FAX in LSB? Generally most utilities use USB - that includes FAX stations. It's been a very long time since I did any FAX work, but I *think* that if you are receiving on the opposite sideband, you get reversed black/white like you did. Mike

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
By chance were you trying to copy FAX in LSB? Generally most utilities use USB - that includes FAX stations. It's been a very long time since I did any FAX work, but I *think* that if you are receiving on the opposite sideband, you get reversed black/white like you did. Mike

Yes, the LSB thing may have been the issue. I'll try it again when I'm done calibrating. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.