Flea Market PRO-106 find for $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirayge

Decatur, IL but my heart is from Bugtussle
Well, after playing around with Baofeng radios and Scanner Radio for my phone (and missing out on various Overstock and Radio Shack deals) I finally scored a decent scanner. I guess that qualifies me as a newbie in these scanner forums.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Well welcome to the hobby! You got an amazing deal on your scanner. I don't think I have ever seen a Pro-106 that low.

Let us know if you have any questions as embark into the scanning hobby.

coolderb

Well, after playing around with Baofeng radios and Scanner Radio for my phone (and missing out on various Overstock and Radio Shack deals) I finally scored a decent scanner. I guess that qualifies me as a newbie in these scanner forums.

Nice! That's why I love going to flea markets! Folks at work always ask me why I go to them or what I'm looking for when I go to them. Your post is precisely why I love going to them. You never know what you will find:)

I found a PRO-106 a few weeks ago at Radio Shack on clearance for $202 minus an additional 25% on all clearance items. I scooped it up right away.

mirayge

Decatur, IL but my heart is from Bugtussle
Well welcome to the hobby! You got an amazing deal on your scanner. I don't think I have ever seen a Pro-106 that low.

Let us know if you have any questions as embark into the scanning hobby.

I think the older lady I bought it from was just in a "sell everything" mood. She said she got it a couple of years ago when she was cleaning house for somebody (gift I hope,) and lately she just left it on in the kitchen for her dogs. I didn't know what it was at first. Thought it must be an older analog scanner until I saw digital trunking on the front. She called it a police scanner, as everyone else that knows nothing about scanning does. Indeed, it is set up with all local and state law enforcement agencies but nothing else. The favorites list and skywarn aren't set up, and the dwell time on an active signal before scanning resumes could use work. I think that messing with the settings was beyond her skills, and people just get bored when they catch calls in the middle of a conversation all the time.

mikepdx

Nice! That's why I love going to flea markets! Folks at work always ask me why I go to them or what I'm looking for when I go to them. Your post is precisely why I love going to them. You never know what you will find:)

I found a PRO-106 a few weeks ago at Radio Shack on clearance for $202 minus an additional 25% on all clearance items. I scooped it up right away.

Some of my finds at flea markets/thrift stores:
Kenwood Low Band 110W Two Way $15 (polarity protection diode-easy fix)
RS Pro-96 P25 Scanner $7.99 < No antenna - works perfectly. No lie $7.99 in a huge bin of TV remote controls !
(2) Standard-Horizon HX-370S VHF Marine+Land Mobile HT's good batts - $6.00 for both - Taped together with scotch tape. Like new.
A working Aircraft transceiver for $10.00
Two or three high end, fairly recent models Grundig Short Wave receivers for cheap. Digital displays/SSB
(2) BC200XLT Nice 200 chan conventional scanners with accessories
A multitude of other very nice analog scanners I saw but didn't buy.

It pays to drop in and poke around occasionally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.