Fleet Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have radio fleet maps from any Minnesota cities fire dept's? Especially Minneapolis or Saint Paul and other twin cities fire dept's?

Thanks
fwfdengine2

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Minneapolis uses a pretty bland and outdated Fleetmap, but it does exactly what they need it to do.

They carry XTS5000 portables and trucks have ASTRO Spectras

Portable Zone A & B
MPFD 1
F SOA 1
MPFD 3
MPFD 4
MPFD 5
MPFD 6
MPFD 7
MPFD 8
MPFD 9
H Tac 3
H Common
Dynamic Regroup
Mpls Common
F SOA 2
F SOA 1

Mobile Zone A & B
MPFD 1
MPFD 2
MPFD 3
MPFD 4
MPFD 5
MPFD 6
MPFD 7
MPFD 8
MPFD 9
MPFD 10
MPFD 11
Dynamic Regroup
H Tac 3
H Common
Mpls Common
Mpls 911

Portable & Mobile Zone C
P Tac 1
P Tac 2
P Tac 3
P Tac 4
Met Tac P (No Longer exists)
P SOA 1
P SOA 2
A Tac 1
A Tac 2
A Tac 3
A Tac 4
Met Tac A (No Longer Exists)
SOA 1
Met Emerg (No Longer Exists)
MINSEF (No Longer Exists)
Mpls 911

I would imagine that St. Paul uses something similar, although more updated. The suburban fire departments are the ones with all of the extra stuff in them since the suburban fire department are more reliant on Mutual Aid and often times have their own regional tac channels like SW Fire Tacs. Minneapolis really only does mutual aid frequently with Richfield and St. Anthony Village.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Ok so now i have a question about paging on 800. Does the whole hennipen co have one dispatch tgid? or do the individual fire dept's have them?

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
also in the database there are two listings for MPFD 1 (dispatch) witch one is correct?

and what is the correct tgid for Dynamic Regroup, H Tac 3, and Mpls Common, and Mpls 911?

thanks

Last edited:

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Hennepin County is Unique.

The Hennepin County Sheriffs Office Communications center, aka The Tower, does have its own dispatch talkgroup, btu there are many other PSAPs in Hennepin County and each of those have their own dispatch talkgroups.

There are unique fire dispatch talkgroups for
Minneapolis
Richfield
Bloomington
Edina
Golden Valley (Dispatched by Edina, but on their own TG)
St. Louis Park
Minnetonka
Eden Prairie
Hopkins
MSP Airport
St. Paul Fire (Covers the VA Medical Center in Minneapolis and Fort Snelling).

Anoka County has one dispatch TG for Fire, Washington, Scott and Dakota each have 2, but they are commonly patched. Ramsey County has 2 Dispatch Talkgroups, Plus St. Paul has their own dispatch talkgroup and White Bear Lake Maintained their own PSAP.

Hennepin County was the first county to migrate to ARMER and as such they beat alot of the federal mandates that have applied to other counties. Essentially the federal government wont give a city entity nearly as much grant monies if they are not part of a consolidated PSAP. Ramsey County had, i think 4 additional PSAPs prior to their migration to ARMER, but those PSAPs consolidated during the Move. White Bear Lake felt that they could provide better services to their citizens in a center that is local, so they took a tremendous hit in grant money andI can only assume passed it on to their consumers.

By this summer, i believe, the State Patrol will consolidate from 12 dispatch centers to 3 (Waters Edge RTMC, Duluth and Rochester) as they migrate all of their operations to ARMER.

Most everyone (who actually gives a hoot about this stuff) has their own opinion on PSAP consolidation, I am personally a fan of it as it allow agencies to receive better, more standardized dispatch services at a lower cost to taxpayers.

3016 is the Mpsl FIre Dispatch Talkgroup. There is a TGID in the 10xxx's that was used during the inital rollout of the system, but is inactive now.

Last edited:

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Okay thank you. Do you know the TGID's for Dynamic Regroup, H Tac 3, and Mpls Common, and Mpls 911?

And i know im asking somethings that dont really have to do with fleet maps so if you think i sould PM instead let me know...

Being a RR using for a while and knowing that many of the frequencies in the database for counties, including mine, are wrong... Do you have a list of VHF paging for Hennipen / Rasmey County? I'm sure the ARMER database is right as far as TGID's for dispatching but being the VHF is older, they may be wrong...

Thanks again

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
do you have a fleet map for sherburne or wright county?

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

Htac3 10022
MPLS COMM 2928
MPLS 911 2900
Hennepin 154.3850
Bloomington 154.0700
Edina 154.4150
Golden Valley 154.2500
Hopkins 154.0400
Minnetonka 151.2800
Richfield 154.2050
St. Louis Park 154.3100
Anoka 154.2800
Carver 154.1000
Dakota East 151.2950 West 154.7850
Ramsey East 154.1900 West 154.2200
White Bear Lake 155.8800
Scott 154.1450
Washington North 154.8450 South 155.1900

MPSMP

Mpls Common talkgroup id 2928.. Dont expect to hear much on it. I have not heard one transmission on there in about two months.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Dynamic regroup is also a useless talk group. Users are not able to talk on it or receive anything more than a long annoying beep. It exists on radios for a purpose that is very foggy to me, but as of late, most fleet maps are not being built with it. I think it was intended to be used with OTAR on earlier versions of ASTRO software but that has been improved since version ?7.7.

My full time job doesn't have it in our fleet map, but my fire department does, but our fleet map at the fire department hasn't been updated in about 6 years.

dwgelle

The dynamic regrouping feature allows the dispatcher to temporarily reassignselected radios to a single special channel so that they can communicate witheach other. This feature, enabled in each radio by means of the radio service software, is typically used during special operations. You will not notice whether your radio has this feature enabled until a dynamic regrouping command is sent by the dispatcher.

Whenyour radio has been dynamically regrouped, you will hear a
“gurgle” tone (unless you are already on the dynamic-regrouping
zone/channel), and your radio will be automatically switched to the
dynamic-regrouping channel. The display will show the name
assigned to the dynamic-regrouping channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.