FleetConnect System 158

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded FleetConnect system to my SDS100 scanner the only change I made was to the Fonthill site I added these frequencies
420.962500 1 Color Code 10
420.862500 2 Color Code 10
420.762500 3 Color Code 10
420.662500 4 Color Code 10
420.562500 5 Color Code 10

I have been logging information and this is what I have captured so far but it seems wrong, Should I be picking up Chatham, Dutton, Goderich. Also All the TG'S are not on the RR WEB SITE. and all the audio on the talkgroups are Encrypted except Wellington County Fire
TGID:6684673 encrypted
TGID:6684677 encrypted
TGID:6684678 encrypted

Just picked up
24069 TPFR TAC 1Puslinch Fire and Rescue - TAC 1 Fire-Tac Wellington County Fire

Audio strong and clear
Steve

Attachments

• FleetConnect.PNG
    FleetConnect.PNG
    73.2 KB · Views: 15

ATCTech

I don't quite understand your other statement about Chatham, Dutton etc.. I suspect you're questioning why T/G IDs related to those sites in the database here are showing up on the Fonthill tower? I'd guess whoever submitted them could only confirm reception on those particular sites, so it's very possible whatever users they are are in fact paying for wide-area service and thus calls show up on larger parts of the overall network.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Two More Talkgroups
6684675 encrypted
6684679 encrypted
Steve
I don't quite understand your other statement about Chatham, Dutton etc.. I suspect you're questioning why T/G IDs related to those sites in the database here are showing up on the Fonthill tower? I'd guess whoever submitted them could only confirm reception on those particular sites, so it's very possible whatever users they are are in fact paying for wide-area service and thus calls show up on larger parts of the overall network.
OK thanks for the information, Whoever is on these encrypted talkgroups they seem to be busy. still picking up 24069 Wellington county fire really clear. It will be interesting during the week to see what talkgroups I'll be able to pick up when the system gets busy.
Steve

ATCTech

I find it odd that Puslinch is carried on the Fonthill site but not the Milton site given their operating area. It's never appeared on Milton site 10 that I've ever caught, and I've checked many times when they're on a call. Same with Rockwood Fire, although their area doesn't come far enough south towards Milton and the 401 to really warrant it. It would need to be a mutual aid call where Rockwood units had to come well into Halton county to need the coverage. I'll have to cross-check Fonthill every time I hear Puslinch on a call on the Puslinch tower to see if it's a regular thing.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I find it odd that Puslinch is carried on the Fonthill site but not the Milton site given their operating area. It's never appeared on Milton site 10 that I've ever caught, and I've checked many times when they're on a call. Same with Rockwood Fire, although their area doesn't come far enough south towards Milton and the 401 to really warrant it. It would need to be a mutual aid call where Rockwood units had to come well into Halton county to need the coverage. I'll have to cross-check Fonthill every time I hear Puslinch on a call on the Puslinch tower to see if it's a regular thing.
this is from my log
TGID:24069 -Color Code 10 NAC 10 MotoTRBO Trunk - Trunk Scan - trunk_scan - FleetConnect - FL - None - None - None - 1 - None - Slot Any - Slot 2 - --- - UID:10367 - - - - - FleetConnect Wellington County Fire
Audio is strong like it's coming from around the corner

ATCTech

To be expected on a digital network. There's no reason is should sound any different between tower locations when the source signal is being properly distributed and rebroadcast. What towers carry what talkgroups is a pre-programmed thing.

gary123

Also many systems will allow access to the TG if the site is accessed by a unit. It is possible one or more units are actually hitting the Fonthill site rather than the Pushlich site. Im not sure if FleetConnect is allowing system roaming on all users or if services like Fire Depts are given it to ensure coverage.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Considering Minto and Fonthill share a common frequency, it's possible Steve is hearing the Minto site which is in Wellington County.

ATCTech

Perhaps, but I did hear and watch a Puslinch call on the Fonthill tower yesterday after he mentioned hearing them too. I'd guess that they have access to that tower should they be on a call further south on or near highway 6 than their usual response area in support of Hamilton Fire.

ATCTech

I've since monitored 2 Puslinch FD calls for accidents on the 401 (As was the case on Sunday) and there has been no activity pertaining to those calls on the Fonthill tower. The calls are being carried on both the Puslinch & Brisbane towers, which is usually the case. I can't receive Cambridge or Kitchener but I suspect they're on one or both of those as well.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Two More Talkgroups
6684675 encrypted
6684679 encrypted
Steve

OK thanks for the information, Whoever is on these encrypted talkgroups they seem to be busy. still picking up 24069 Wellington county fire really clear. It will be interesting during the week to see what talkgroups I'll be able to pick up when the system gets busy.
Steve

These look like TG's for the Federal Wireless Solutions system.. (it was called something else before that.. I forget the exact name)

6684675 Rainbow Bridge
6684679 Flexible Response Team

Matt

Saint

Premium Subscriber
These look like TG's for the Federal Wireless Solutions system.. (it was called something else before that.. I forget the exact name)

6684675 Rainbow Bridge
6684679 Flexible Response Team

Matt
I live right by the Peace Bridge, so their radios are very close to me. I even have CLOSE CALL locking onto their frequencies. Thanks for the information, I did not think I would pick up their TG'S on FleetConnect.

Thanks Matt.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.