Fleetnet - 17328 Woodstock Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
On occasion I can receive the Fleetnet Woodstock. Now it is coming in well enough tonight to decode. I saw tg 17328 pop up for about 30 seconds ago (Time is 9:40 pm as I type this). I'm thinking that its most likely a false decode because this tower is just on the fringe to receive but IIRC a few similar talkgroups beginning with 17 showed up about a year or 2 ago.

I can't run T88 or Unitrunker right now and even if I did have the tools the tower itself is kinda weak.

So I am hoping that one of us here runs some form of software and possibly he/she might have seen this talkgroup or something similar on Woodstock or a tower near it. Normally I use my Home Patrol 1 to scan the London dispatch towers but tonite my 396T was doing scanner SX-ing LOL.

Maybe I'll mess around with the discovery functions on the HP1 as I sleep this evening.

Eric

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Jason:

If you have seen anything like this before I'm curious why you haven't posted about this? I don't come on here much anymore. but when I do I always see you post about ONQ talkgroups, and the many various things you find. What gives here?
Maybe you were active posting these developments in the past. I vaguely remember these talkgroups coming up on the HSD tg's

Matt:

if you used T88 in the past what towers did you focus on? I recall you lived in Texas for years, but IIRC you are back in Hamilton.
Also, IIRC you live downtown and maybe slightly up the gradual hill in and around Queen St S.

In Burlington and now Hamilton I always lived high enough up to monitor Brantford, Woodlawn, Cayuga and sometimes Woodstock or Simcoe.
Unless you are in a highrise facing south or west how can u use T88 for any of the towers I mentioned?

jasoyeom

I don't monitor the Woodstock tower often but I can start. I've noticed that TG and similar 17xxx ones on the Simcoe Tower on occasion mostly patched with Norfolk OPP.

mbstone99

Eric,

I always focused on the Hamilton tower. Back in the early/mid 2000's I lived in a high rise on Queen S facing towards the west (Dundas), after I moved back here I was living on in another high rise (on Bold near Bay) facing towards the lake but did have another high rise right across from me as well. But now I am up in the North End of the city in a house near the top of James St N.

Matt

mbstone99

I have been running my SDR on Fleetnet again. So far the only one I have seen on the Hamilton Tower is 17360 but there was no patch and only 1 hit this morning at 7am.

Matt

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Eric,

I always focused on the Hamilton tower. Back in the early/mid 2000's I lived in a high rise on Queen S facing towards the west (Dundas), after I moved back here I was living on in another high rise (on Bold near Bay) facing towards the lake but did have another high rise right across from me as well. But now I am up in the North End of the city in a house near the top of James St N.

Matt
Matt: I haven't seen or heard any talkgroups in the 17300's here in awhile, enough to forget that they were active with HSD last year.

Good on you for running T88, maybe you will find something.

When you lived at Bold and Bay I'm guessing that there's a chance that the building in front of you was 121 Hunter St W?

We lived there almost 20 yrs ago

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I don't monitor the Woodstock tower often but I can start. I've noticed that TG and similar 17xxx ones on the Simcoe Tower on occasion mostly patched with Norfolk OPP.

It's up to you Jason. I can't get Simcoe but Woodstock is usually strong enough at night with just a multi band antenna.
Aside from Charlton, I monitor Mowat, Brittania, Fonthill, Woodlawn Brantford and even Skylon or Cedarwoods at times.

I can't get Cayuga or Simcoe.

I'm curious why this showed up, the dispatchers didn't say anything about it.

If you are like me you are laid off work or work from home and might have more time to scan these days.

mbstone99

Sorry I mean Duke.. the one large high rise on the east side of Bay.. I was facing the middle part and the two large high rises across from that on Bold where owned by the same company.

Ya, I am going to let this run for a while again and see if there anything. There are a few 172xx's I have logged in the past (with RID's that also appear on the MOF tg's) and a couple 180xx tg's. That I will see they ever come active again.

Matt

gary123

I could suggest to don't pay your taxes. You may have an opportunity to get first hand captures of the MOF TGs :).

mbstone99

I've been seeing a couple hits in the 17xxx range this month on the Hamilton Tower.. mainly 17328, 17344 & 17360 with 328 and 360 being the most active out of all of these. 17328 and 17344 both are/where both patched to the OPP Norfolk..

17216 was active this morning with 164 hit between 9am and 10:30am.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.