Fleetnet and 796D, baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

So i have no clue whats going on, last night all of sudden my 796D couldnt receive the Whitby tower, i reloaded everything into the scanner to make sure it wasnt that i deleted or changed something accidentally and still nothing, i can monitor TPS, Durham Fire trunking systems no prob, just for some reason fleetnet wont come in. Completely baffled because i havent changed ANY setting on the 796D in about 2 months. I also, as a test, reload the same file into my 250D and my 250D trunks fleetnet no problem. In fact i cant even here the control channel, btw, have tried three different antennas....my 250d runs it no problem though. Anyways, if anyone has ideas feel free to share

mciupa

MetalCarnage said:
I cant even hear the control channel

I'm getting a robust signal on 143.145 here in NW Toronto .:confused:

Sound like it needs some warranty work , if the file is correct and works fine in the other radio.

Last edited:

jellotor

Had a problem with the recieve on one of my 250Ds. Since it was a used unit and I'm cheap, I took it apart and reseated the connections, which is always the first thing I try...connections can come loose and cold solder joints can occur. Couldn't find any cold solder joints but after firmly reseating everything the recieve was back to normal.

If you feel confident enough to take the case off, give it a try with your 796 before you send it away to be 'fixed.'

MetalCarnage

mciupa said:
I'm getting a robust signal on 143.145 here in NW Toronto .:confused:

Sound like it needs some warranty work , if the file is correct and works fine in the other radio.

But if it needs work, why would all the other systems work?

rhutch

MetalCarnage said:
But if it needs work, why would all the other systems work?

How well were you picking you the signal before? Full strength, weak? I have these issue with some of the towers that are at the fringe of my coverage area I can only pick them up in the evening and sometimes the weather plays a part. I doubt there is anyhting worng with the radio as like you say all the others work fine. I know it sounds stupid but did you check to make sure that the control channel is not locked out?

MetalCarnage

rhutch said:
How well were you picking you the signal before? Full strength, weak? I have these issue with some of the towers that are at the fringe of my coverage area I can only pick them up in the evening and sometimes the weather plays a part. I doubt there is anyhting worng with the radio as like you say all the others work fine. I know it sounds stupid but did you check to make sure that the control channel is not locked out?

I am about 4.5-5km from the tower, i doubt it has to do with being on the "fringe" of coverage, lol, i checked that (l/o status) when i was checking if i could at least hear the control channel, but ya, going to wipe it clean and try agin

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Try completely removing everything and reset and then reprogram it again. Maybe a bug in the unit.. Hopefully you backed up your banks... Also you can try reprogramming that bank in another one and see if it works for you before you reset it. Sounds like that bank that whitby is in maybe currupt for whatever reason...

rhutch

I loaded a bunch of new system into my 296 once and it stopped working, just cleared it and reloaded and everything worked fine

Status
Not open for further replies.