Fleetnet Conventional Channel Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Was curious if anyone could let me know what the couple frequencys for "Media Access Channel for East GTA" and "Media Access Channel for West GTA" are used for, they are listed in Fleetnet Conventional but was curious what they are for, might put them into the scanner if they are interesting

xml

"Next available tow..."

Basically... (i might be corrected)..

The dispatcher will enable this on their console and it simulcasts traffic in the current talkgroup until they turn it off.

As noted above, I've heard it basically when they need to put a call out for a tow truck. I think the idea is give everyone a simple way to hear "public" information... besides how do people know how to listen to complex, multi-site, digital trunked systems?

MetalCarnage

xml said:
"Next available tow..."

Basically... (i might be corrected)..

The dispatcher will enable this on their console and it simulcasts traffic in the current talkgroup until they turn it off.

As noted above, I've heard it basically when they need to put a call out for a tow truck. I think the idea is give everyone a simple way to hear "public" information... besides how do people know how to listen to complex, multi-site, digital trunked systems?

Ah, ok...i guess i will throw it in for ****zhas and giggles

Status
Not open for further replies.