FleetNet - Grenville 3P/2OPS05 on Fenelon Twr (Pursuit)

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider
2OPS05 Grenville 3P popped up on Fenelon tower tonight. Unusual because Thousand Islands Parkway, where the mobile units were, is a good 300km east of Fenelon.

I suspect Fenelon Tower was added to the TG when the Orillia CommCenter Sgt came on channel for safety/incident management.
Orillia is 60km from Fenelon, and perhaps Comm Centre Sgt was using a VHF radio to access the system.

You can listen here. Brockville & 1000 Islands County Fire and OPP Live Audio Feed

They may move over to the SD&G TG 2OPS20

Jradioptbo

2OPS05 Grenville 3P popped up on Fenelon tower tonight. Unusual because Thousand Islands Parkway, where the mobile units were, is a good 300km east of Fenelon.

I suspect Fenelon Tower was added to the TG when the Orillia CommCenter Sgt came on channel for safety/incident management.
Orillia is 60km from Fenelon, and perhaps Comm Centre Sgt was using a VHF radio to access the system.

You can listen here. Brockville & 1000 Islands County Fire and OPP Live Audio Feed

They may move over to the SD&G TG 2OPS20
The Comm Centre Seargant is just that.. A Comm Centre Seargant who is at the Comm Centre in person with the dispatchers. If he or she needs to be plugged in, it's done at the Comm Centre.
I suspect certain comms are heard on towers not associated with the geographical area because of the upgrading with PSRN with FleetNet towers being adjusted as work is being done. They go back to the norm, adjacent neighbour sites. This is not the first time this had happened.

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider
The Comm Centre Seargant is just that.. A Comm Centre Seargant who is at the Comm Centre in person with the dispatchers. If he or she needs to be plugged in, it's done at the Comm Centre.
I suspect certain comms are heard on towers not associated with the geographical area because of the upgrading with PSRN with FleetNet towers being adjusted as work is being done. They go back to the norm, adjacent neighbour sites. This is not the first time this had happened.
Interesting how that might work. Having worked on Motorola trunked systems, that would be some pretty amazing magic.