FleetNet & HP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

derevs

Cannot remember who moderates the RRDB for the HP1 but I have a request for a "slight" change".

In the first line, System, can it be changed to read "Bell FleetNet - (appropriate Zone), say Zone 1", Zone 2, etc.
In the second line of, System , "Provincial Government" changed to read the appropriate tower site.

Not sure if this infringes on the protocols or not, but it would probably make thinks a little easier to interpret. For instance in the GTA area I can monitor at least 4 or 5 tower sites. And then for someone who lives along Zone1/Zone2 border, they would see what they are listening to.

If this is not possible, I completely understand and I hope others reading this do too.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Nobody really moderates the database for the HP-1.

The database is supposed to be scanner independent.

What changes we make for the HP-1 might affect other scanners. It's up to the scanner manufacturers to massage the data "as presented" by Radioreference to fit their needs.

I'm sure that the name of the system can probably be changed somewhat so you can tell what Zone you're on.

As far as displaying Site Information on Line 2, that's something that you would have to take up with Uniden. We have no control over what they decide to display on Line 2.

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
I agree with the policy of keeping the database, scanner independent. But, we do have the capability of editing anything in our Favorite lists.

After reading this post I edited Bell Fleetnet in My Favorites list from:

Bell FleetNet - " Ontario Provincial Government - Zone 1

to:

Bell FleetNet - Zone 1

It does look neater .

I can't see how we would insert a Tower on any other line though. We need the department line to know that we are monitoring OPP,MOH, MOE,MNR etc. And the channel line has to display the talkgroup and description.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Thank you for taking the initiative Mike C. Your hands on“ can do“ approach is refreshing.

mciupa

Database Admin
I've only edited my own radio and am suggesting that other HP owners edit their own as well if they wish.

The database listing is remaining status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.