Fleetnet in Timmins

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuBBerHeaD

I just purchased a BC246T,i cant seem to find info in my area,im in the timmins area,seems like i get nothing with my new bc246t and i get all kinds of stuff in the air with my old bearcat 890xlt

can anyone help please

jellotor

This isn't really the right thread for your question...

Are you saying you can tune your 890 to an active frequency and tune the 246T to the same frequency and get nothing?

Kindly start a new thread, re-ask your question and provide an answer to my follow-up above.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
RuBBerHeaD said:
can anyone help please

Rubberhead, please start a new thread if your post has nothing to do with the current thread. Your post had nothing to do with the original thread. I've split it off into it's own thread so it gets more visibility.

You need to look at Fleetnet Zone 3 for the Timmins area.

hodet

RuBBerHeaD said:
I just purchased a BC246T,i cant seem to find info in my area,im in the timmins area,seems like i get nothing with my new bc246t and i get all kinds of stuff in the air with my old bearcat 890xlt

can anyone help please

Can't find info? everything for our area that you need is here;
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=4286

Do you mean you've programmed in the info for our area and its not picking anything up? Conventional frequencies? Fleetnet Zone 3? Your post is very vague.

Last edited:

RuBBerHeaD

cant pick up anything

yeah my old 890xlt seems to pick up more channels then my trunktracker,i have an outdoor antenna and i get between here and cochrane with my 890 with no problem,the trunktracker just scans and i hear just a few places

hodet

So you are saying that you cannot pick up any analog fleetnet talkgroups (ambulance, hospital, mto etc). You should be able to enter the control channels for the Cochrane and Timmins Fleetnet sites. There are sites all along the hwy 11 corridor and down hwy 144 if you go to Sudbury that you can program in if you are using it in your car. If you like OPP though you are out of luck and need a digital scanner. MNR and MTO Enforcement Officers are also digital. (but not regular MTO guys who plough roads)

Your 246 is an analog only scanner so you will not pick up any OPP who are digital. You need to enter the control channels for both the cochrane and timmins sites and enter the Band Plan numbers as well. Set your scanner to Search and not Scan. That way it will search for any active talkgroups instead of only the ones you programmed in. You might want to program in the South Porcupine OPP talkgroup (8560) and lock it out or you will be constantly annoyed with unintelligible digital transmissions that you cannot decode. May as well lock out 2784 and 3808 as well that are Digital MNR and MTO Enforcement tgid's.

It might be easier to use software to program your scanner. I think bctool has limited support for the 246T. I would be happy to send you a bct file that I have programmed into my bct15 and bcd996t. You might be able to just import into yours. I am sure there is some other software that is good for the 246T. bctool is free.

Last edited:

RuBBerHeaD

oh i understand now hodet,i need to buy the uniden digital scanner,im using the software today and its demo only,but im getting used to it now,that would be great if you could send me your presets,so i can try it out,my email is rubberhead@puc.net if you would like,i think is gonna take me all day to put my feqs in,lol

thanx

kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.