fleetnet mobile data terminal with std-c tekmanoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e0wes

is anyone monitoring fleetnet through L band, i am running std-c tekmanoid, but up to now im just finding safetynet but i would love to find the data terminals used in semi rigs, fire trucks ect. any pointers?

morfis

With a novice amateur radio callsign allocated to England I'll answer as though you are referring to UK monitoring.
The Emergency Services don't use L-band and I'd be very surprised if any truck companies would pay the premium for it as there are numerous land-based systems which have sufficient data capacity and coverage.

2e0wes

Thank you for your reply, but it looks like I've thrown you a curve ball, I now live in Canada, so mdt are alive and well here

2e0wes

hi. is there anyone out there that is decoding the messages sent to the data terminals in semi fleets, fire trucks ect. i have std-c tekmanoid installed but i only seem to get safetynet messages, and not fleetnet messages, the only article i have found about this was on usa satcom, under fleet tracking, but it seems a few years old, so i don't know if the info is current. your guidance is welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.